All Things EARTH... part 2

CCHelp

Mark Teixiera :D:D:D

He's replaced Andy Pettitte as my favorite Yankee. I was happy I got to see Andy pitch a home game in his last season.

Well, I got my first week of classes under my belt. First week is always crazy. We have Monday off for Rosh Hashanah so I'll get to rest up on the long weekend. We're heading to the lake. Hopefully Hurricane Matthew will head out to sea and the rain will miss us. I hope to go kayaking.

I'm really not doing anything sit with my leg elevated above my heart, non weight bearing on this little scooter with crutches for stairs. Only time leg has been down was on our little 2-hr leaf peeping. Frustrating, to say the least! Can't wait to see what doc says tomorrow. Melody

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Unlike most Red Sox fans, I don't hate the Yankees. They're my third favorite team. 😅😅

Seriously though. They are. I do follow them along with the Mets.

Melody, do you.hsve a favorite Red Sox player? Mine is Pedroia.

I officially booked my cruise today. Now I can obsess!!

What happened when you went to the doctor today, Mrlody?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

I too love the little spark plug, Pedroia & Ortiz. What a year he's having in his final season! Doc changed my cast giving it a bit more pitch. He doesn't want to put me in a boot (he knows I'll do too much(!). I stayed with the pink, I'm still non weightbearing & concerned that my body might be rejecting the implants...I go back next week for another check, the incisions & stitches (over 100) are still pretty raw

Enough about me! Laurie where & when is your cruise? Melody

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Melody, crossing my fingers and toes for you that you heal up quickly.

Yeah, Laurie, spill. I need some vicarious cruise planning. I KNOW you have details to share. :)

Yesterday I printed out all the docs we need for our day on the Royal later this month. It's just like taking a cruise, I had to log on to the Personalizer and fill out all the personal info, and print out boarding passes. No luggage tags though. :( It will be fun to see a really new ship, although given how huge it is I doubt we'll ever sail on her. I'll try to take some pictures for all y'all.

I was finally able to book our hotel and flights to Nebraska next summer for the eclipse. I think an astronomy group has booked most of the hotel because as soon as bookings opened for that date, there were only two rooms left. Made me happy I'm an obsessive planner.

Yes, Pedroia is a little spark plug. Perfect way to put it, Melody. I like Ortiz a lot myself. I think behind Pedroia, I go towards Mookie Betts and Andrew Benintendi.

So here is where I'm at right now with my cruise planning. We booked Brilliance, which we were on in February. It's an older ship, but enjoyable. We will be on for 5 nights, with stops in Cozumel (Nachi Cocum!!) and Key West.

There will be one formal night. I am already almost certain I'm bringing this dress for that:

golden_zpsdycsumwz.jpg

Now I have long options to choose from, so I'm not 100% on this. But being a shorter R&R kind of cruise I like the idea of short but dressy. You may recall another short dress I have that I have - that aqua with the jewel neckline? Photobucket is acting up on this computer, so I will have to upload pictures later.

I have some casual dress options but I need to narrow them down. I will post pictures as soon as I get a chance. There is a dress that is at the tailor right now being adjusted that I am likely to take.

Remember the purple dress? Since that is like a taffeta, I could dress that up with blingy jewelry....Hm.

I guess I should start planning since my cruise is in two weeks . Laurie , I used to be like you and obcess for months but after thirty two cruises I no longer have that in me but I am enjoying all the planning for the transatlantic.

Melody , I hope you heal and do not reject the implants .

Margaret , Good for you for booking ahead for Nebraska

Laurie, love that gold dress. I personally wouldn't do long gown on such a short cruise. This gold & your Aqua would be elegant.

Sally, know what you mean, after our whirlwind driving trip this summer I've decided to pack basically the same things for our b2b on Royal's Liberty in April. I'll just add a couple of evening things. That was the most stress free trip I've taken (other than when I traveled for work). Melody

Edited by awhfy

Melody, wishing you a speedy and complete recovery.

Well, I've been away for awhile. I've been doing a lot of traveling but no cruises. Don't know when I'll be cruising again. But...I have several trips coming up.

The next trip for me is back to AZ for our final Parent's Weekend. Can't believe the DS is graduating in May. I don't need to spin my wheels planing for that trip as I've "been there, done that" so many times in the last 3 years.

I've actually jumped ahead to next Feb. when we'll be going to Cancun for a week for my niece's wedding. I've bought several new things and 5 pairs of sandals! LOL! We're flying on SouthWest airlines so I get to check two pieces of luggage for free. One will be for me and one will be stuff I'm carrying for my niece for her wedding. Mostly table decorations and such. I'm so looking forward to this trip. I can hardly wait.

Happy Trails to All!

Received a new catalog today. Soft Surroundings. Oh my! I'm going to have to restrain myself. All totally Earth colors. None cruisey, but so nice for fall. Not inexpensive but not totally outrageous. They're opening a store by me, so when I can walk/drive I'll check it out in person. I earmarked 8 outfits! Melody

Received a new catalog today. Soft Surroundings. Oh my! I'm going to have to restrain myself. All totally Earth colors. None cruisey, but so nice for fall. Not inexpensive but not totally outrageous. They're opening a store by me, so when I can walk/drive I'll check it out in person. I earmarked 8 outfits! Melody

I also get their catalogue and have been tempted several times by their items .I had to buy all new pants again .My old pants were too big . Hopefully I have stabilized at this weight because it is getting expensive . On another note I found the best place to buy bathing suits especially for water aerobics since the chlorine eats them .It is eBay .I bought a brand new Lands end tank for 4.99. I had the same suit so I knew it would fit . I also bought a La Blanca suit that I really like for 29.99 .

Hope everyone on East Coast stays safe with Hurricane Matthew heading for a visit. I have a good friend in South Carolina that was evacuated this morning! She's moving back to NH. Melody

I have cousins in Delray Beach who live just one block from the ocean. Thankfully they have gone to stay with my sister.

So far the hurricane is supposed to turn out to sea rather than head up our way. We are still years away from preventing the kind of damage we had from Sandy.

Hoping everyone stays safe and dry.

Mousey, did you get your "Beachy" long dress? I don't remember a picture. I'm hoping to be able to wear my raw silk (slim ankle) pants for the end of November FL trip. I'll find out next Thursday if I've rejected ([emoji30]) the implants & if I have to have more surgery [emoji22]. If that's the case, I'll still be in a cast & will need something flowy to cover it.

Do you mean today? Or next Thursday? Either way I hope it's good news.

Beautiful things in that catalog. I hope you all share what you picked.

It's 75 and sunny today. Doesn't feel like fall at all.

Margaret, next Thursday. Here's a picture from today. Les got me out for a ride before snow comes down the mountain tonight731b334013d23ff9e75c60df268fb786.jpg. Not expecting anything but snow showers. Melody

Melody, how beautiful.

This is the new view from the front of my building at the college. One of the things that we always loved about our neighborhood is the low density. Lots of sky view and trees. But the skyscrapers are coming:

20161005_165419.jpg.fd0360b1143b4bb6be0c0ca1e40a2c81.jpg

I heard we might get some flurries on Sunday, but when I look at the forecast, it didn't seem likely. Today was beautiful, and yesterday was even better.

Melody, I know you weather gets very crazy, but wow...what a view!

I'm so excited about my cruise. Already! I really would like to find some nice tops, not just for the cruise, but knowing that I would like to have them to bring with me. I seem to have trouble finding tops that aren't just basic knits. I do like the way you can change up basics, but sometimes, I just want a nice shirt, you know? I have a few sleeveless ones that require a strapless bra that I own, but they aren't the best styles for me.

I love the cold shoulder look, but the billow arm and bodice types are not good for me. When I see something more fitted, it is too fitted. I'm not even sure they would work overall, but I know enough to avoid certain styles. Maybe I can find some good clearance deals up at the mall. You never know!

I've got dresses for the cruise picked out, but now I need to narrow them down. I'm very tempted to bring that snake print Michael Kors maxi. That has gone on every cruise since I've owned it, and I've worn it a handful of times in between. I really love that dress. I still need to get it hemmed though, so that I don't have to wear a heel.

Laurie I got two cold shoulder tops just before our road trip (TJMaxx). One is an ecru lace that's going to FL with me. Not my best color but I'll jazz it up with a teal/emerald statement necklace (the top is fairly low cut & the necklace is a modified choker). I had the top on our guest room bed & my tiny fashionista (Lexy) says. Ooh Nana, with your black silk or gold (bronze) silk pants & this necklace & your sparkly flats you'll be all set! Put it together & she was right, kid's great with color! I'll get a picture when I can stand. Melody

Luckily Hurricane Matthew just skirted the outer coast of Florida so not near as bad as they thought . We are on the west coast and we got some high winds so this was a giant storm.

Melody , I really hope you are not rejecting the implants . What a pain that would be .

It is now 13 days until we cruise and yesterday I finally made a list of what I am taking . I'm just packing a carry on .

I've been home sick for two days :( Binge-watching Project Runway while going through chamomile tea like water.

I think we may put a deposit down on our next cruise when we do our BVE on the Regal in two weeks. :) So, anyone have advice about what to do in Puerto Vallarta or Cabo San Lucas??? Mousey?

Sally, glad you didn't have damage. We used to live in Cocoa Beach & saw pictures today from a friend. Let's just say, glad I'm in CO (our old place completely flooded & roof looks pretty bad) Melody