All Things EARTH... part 2

CCHelp

Well, made it to St Louis last night in time for dinner at Ruth Chris & a photo op. My shirt didn't photograph that well it was pretty windy ImageUploadedByForums1470270979.259394.jpg.8efe31f196b615ac3d1c1d261566b951.jpg. Off to Maid of the Mist at Niagra Falls tomorrow & then off to Boston. Melody. Ps we've packed a ton of activities into an unplanned trip!

Melody, your impromptu trip sure sounds like fun! Have you been to these places before? I've been to Niagara Falls a few times. As a matter of fact, I was considering that for a few days when I'm on vacation in September. I lover it there, and it is an easy drive overall.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Wow, four EARTH ladies in the same state at the same time! A record, I think. :) I wonder where Melody is today??? It's like that thing with Matt Lauer.

Sally, thanks for the feedback on the dress and the website. Good to know you would try it again.

I did the pre-school-year great closet turnout yesterday. DH was home for it and he was a little shocked, I think. I ended up with one bag for Goodwill, one bag of too-small summer things for storage, and a pile for the dry cleaners. About half my work clothes are too snug for comfort, but I'm not a whole size bigger (thankfully), so I have to get myself in gear to drop some weight in the next six weeks.

I've been wanting to replace my taupe work pants and FINALLY found some I liked online at Boscov's, and of course my size was sold out. Amazingly I found the exact same pants at Marshall's yesterday for $19.99, so I was a very happy camper. I also got some low-heeled booties and a nice pair of dark brown loafers. I go through shoes like crazy, and if I don't buy winter shoes in the fall I am generally out of luck getting them in my size.

Does anyone like turquoise jewelry? I just have to share this lovely spread from the recent Departures mag:

Turq01.jpg

Turq04.jpg

Turq02.jpg

Turq03.jpg

Edited by MJC

Margaret, I feel like Where's Waldo [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]. We spent the day at Niagara Falls (had a great time, it was high 80s & bright blue sky, poured as soon as we got onto I90, great timing).

We are spending the night in my old stomping grounds, Rome NY...had chicken riggis for dinner. We'll be at our family home in Boston then up in NH & Maine former the next couple of weeks, mostly without Internet. Melody

A9A28637-0A4C-4CC9-855E-BA8FDB52202A_zpsszfrqdxi.jpg

I'll have to read after tomorrow when DH leaves to go back up north...

Just wanted to share this quick pic I snapped in the bathroom at the restaurant from our amazing date night last night! DH planned it all and I had no idea what we doing...all I said was that I wanted him to take me on a date and for him to wear his suit. This is that green JCPenney dress. The full length shot didn't really come out.

Anyway, I parted my hair on the opposite side so that the color framed my face. DH loved it. It has faded out quite a bit, but I still enjoy the color.

You can't tell but I was wearing neutral eye shadow and purple eye liner (Kiko brand) and plum mascara (Channel) and my nails are Skating on Thin Iceland (OPI Nordic collection). I had lip color earlier but it wore off and I didn't replace it.

Margaret, can't believe how late schools start up north. We are about to start week two here. What will you be doing in Nebraska next summer? Nice to have long weekends to look forward to in September!

Sounds like you are having a fun and somewhat impromptu trip Melody!

Oh...

And just because my DH is so AWESOME...I have to share this pic...which I did not take. This is was my dinner table for our date:

http://thegavoice.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/10845702_10153006812715042_6682156169272996517_o.jpg

It's the secret table in the wine cellar (basement level) of a very fine restaurant. It is the ONLY table down there...so completely private fine dining experience.

Just. Awesome.

Anita, how romantic and special! You must have been thrilled. I know I would be.

I ordered that same dress. It is a nice earthy green, but I can see where it is better for you than me...the color is moving close to the air spectrum. I tried the dress on quickly after it arrived but I need to try it on again. I think it will be a keeper.

I think date nights and those occasional extra special dates are important. Someone once told me you have to look out for number on e before you can look out for number one. I've learned over the years that is both physical and mental.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

I have just returned from visiting my daughter , SIL and my grandsons . The weather in New York State was actually hotter than Florida and way more humid . My hair was so wavy and everything felt wet .My two grandsons each have their own personalities . It is so funny and the younger one looks just like my daughter when she was little . Lots of turbulence in the sky's today so I was glad to land .We are still looking at the fathom cruise to Cuba but the price just is not dropping .

Sally, you probably left just in time. The humidity has jumped to something like 70% and the air temp is 90. I feel like I'm melting!! We are finally getting some much needed rain, but it seems like every time it stops, it gets stickier. It won't be long until the snow flies so I won't complain.

I have my eye on this dress at WHBM. I have a very good coupon. I'm trying to decide if it is an earth red or not? The style is questionable for me...I have to watch higher necklines. With so many of the current styles showing more shoulder, I've been able to get away with some of the dresses. I'm not sure if I can pull this off or not.

https://www.whitehouseblackmarket.com/store/product/tonallace-sheath-dress/570184296?color=1183&catId=cat210006&fromSearch=true&scPos=1-2996-3241

If you zoom in on the fabric you will see what I mean.

There is this one too, but this one definitely feels cooler. Taffeta can do that - it almost has a blackish undertone to it.

https://www.whitehouseblackmarket.com/store/product/sleeveless-tafetta-dress/570182065?color=1353&catId=cat210006&fromSearch=true&scPos=1-3483-3241

I had a check up last week, and my doctor says he is very pleased with my weight loss. I'm not in a rush to lose weight, as I want to be able to keep it off. I did go through a rough patch at work where I wasn't eating or sleeping very well for about three weeks...and I lost about 5 pounds. Overall, for my three month check up, the total loss was 8 pounds so I am happy.

I'm working with weights a bit now too. Squats. Not my favorite thing, but when I do these in front of the mirror at the gym, it's nice to see the muscles at work. I know that I am working quite a few different muscles at once when I do squats too.

I tried for contacts again when I had my eyes checked, and even brought along my husband for back up. I can't wear the bifocal contacts because the difference between the far away and close up vision is too different. I can wear contacts for distance and use readers, but he doesn't suggest it. He says I have a lot of scratches on my corneas and I need to be diligent about using Systane or a similar product to moisturize my eyes.

I could try two different contacts, similar to the cataract surgery both Melody and Sally mentioned. Once again, he doesn't recommend contacts at all.

Bummer! So I ordered new glasses. I am not fond of mine that I have now, and my eyes changed slightly. It's funny, because I love this style of glasses on others but I just don't like them on me. I've found that I want my glasses to be almost invisible, which isn't something that is possible. But I did find a pair that I think are a good option for me.

Both of those dresses are very pretty .It really depends on where you will wear them.I would not buy much while you are still losing weight .I had to buy a whole new wardrobe twice while I was losing and some items only got worn once before they were too big .

Sally, you make a great point, and it's one I've been thinking about a lot lately.

An example is three pairs of shorts I purchased in May. Our weather wasn't warm enough for shorts yet, but I needed them for our cruise in June, plus for summertime. One pair already had to be replaced and the other two are getting quite loose. They will likely not fit next year. Seeing how our weather is here, I will have gotten just 3 months out of them.

I purchased a few Syracuse items while we were up on the hill (university area) yesterday, but I purchased fits that were a bit snugger than what I would normally buy. They are okay to wear now as they aren't too tight, but I wanted to be sure that if I lost a few more pounds, they would be okay. For me, I don't lose as much in the shoulder chest area as I do from the waist down.

But if I buy a dress, my feeling is that 1) I need to love it 2) get good use out of it now 3) a good or great price, and/or 4) get something that I can take in later on.

The lace sheath dress, depending on fit, can be taken in. It's not a good deal price wise. I have a $50.00 coupon, but it's a very expensive dress. I wanted to wait for it to go on sale, and then see what coupons I have at that point. But I'm not certain I would love the dress on anyway...you can always love the way the model looks in the dress, but I'm not built like the model either.

I have purchased work pants, because it is a staple of my day to day wardrobe. I go to NY and Company, or JC Penney, and use coupons and sales. I do not pay more than $25.00. I think I will end up down another size by the time I'm done but you never know. I hate doing what I have done, where I only get less than a year or a season out of an item and then have to replace it.

Read this years ago where you divide the cost of the item by the estimated times you will wear it to get the cost per wearing.

Example: $200 dress worn twice =$100 per wearing

Now $100 pants worn twice a week for one year =100 wearings

So, divide $100 by 100 wearings=$1.00 per wearing

Pretty good buy on these pants if they only cost you $1 each time you wear them!

Puts things into perspective.

And yes, I have dresses worn only once or twice too. But my tops and slacks get worn a lot!

That is a good way to put it. I don't feel bad about the pants I have gotten as I wear them every week so I'm getting my money's worth, even if I only get 6 months out of them. With dresses that are more expensive I try to make sure the styling makes them easy to take in. Sometimes I can do it myself even.