Question on Logistics, transfers & insulin.

putermomy

Please help me...I'm am flying in to Tampa on 4-15-16 for our Sunshine cruise out of Port Canveral on 4-16-16. I wanted to rent a car and drive to a hotel near the port, return car and then when we return pick up another rental car and drive back to Tampa the next day. Are there any rental car agencies that are near the port. I just want to make things run smoothly.

Also I have to have my insulin refrigerated and I read earlier on another thread that you couldn't take coolers, when I called Carnival last night they said I could carry on one no bigger than 12x12.

Thanks for your help. :D

Please help me...I'm am flying in to Tampa on 4-15-16 for our Sunshine cruise out of Port Canveral on 4-16-16. I wanted to rent a car and drive to a hotel near the port, return car and then when we return pick up another rental car and drive back to Tampa the next day. Are there any rental car agencies that are near the port. I just want to make things run smoothly.

Also I have to have my insulin refrigerated and I read earlier on another thread that you couldn't take coolers, when I called Carnival last night they said I could carry on one no bigger than 12x12.

The easy question first ... yes you can take on a cooler. Most people will pack a soft-sided cooler and it works great. Your steward will keep it filled with ice for you.

I don't know of any rental car agencies with an office near the port. If you are flying in, i would think you would get the rental car from the airport, return it to the airport and then take a taxi or shuttle from the airport to the cruise port (about 8 miles or so apart from each other).

Unopened, unused insulin needs to be in a refrigerator. Once opened it expires in 28 days and does not require refrigeration. Check with your manufacturer to verify this information.

This is correct- There is no need to refrigerate insulin on a cruise but if you want to bring a small drink type cooler you can.

I don't know of any rental car agencies with an office near the port. If you are flying in, i would think you would get the rental car from the airport, return it to the airport and then take a taxi or shuttle from the airport to the cruise port (about 8 miles or so apart from each other).

Tampa a/p to Port Canaveral is way more than 8 miles apart. :D

You might be able to get a portable "medi-cooler" from Guest Services. It is a fairly small cooler that holds and cools vials of insulin. It sits on the desk, must stay plugged in all the time, and has a very slight fan-type blower sound and emits a slight amount of warm air. There is a $75 deposit that will be refunded when you return the device the last night of the cruise.

Are there any rental car agencies that are near the port. I just want to make things run smoothly.

Yes, there are several car rental agencies in Cocoa Beach near the port, just Google it. I have known people that have flown into Orlando, rented a car there and drove to Cocoa Beach. The morning of the cruise they returned the car in Cocoa Beach and had them shuttle them to the port. Just check with the car rental agencies to see about that.

Do you have to fly to Tampa rather than Orlando?

Yes you can easily rent a car at the airport and return to the drop off area near the port. Budget is one agency that you can do this. Takes a little over 2 hrs for the drive

I'd like to know what port doesn't have rental agencies nearby