Drink packages

molliegirl13

Does carnival usually offer discounts on drink packages during the cruise?

The only discount options I'm aware of are the following:

1. Cheers Package: You can buy this ahead of time or once on board on the 1st or 2nd day.

2. Cruise the Vineyard: You can purchase this in the MDR

3. Steakhouse: 1st night you can get a free bottle of wine, and the 1st and 2nd night you can buy bottles of wine for 50% off.

4. Buying from Bon Voyage (I hesitate to call this a discount at all, but it's an option that is probably cheaper than individual drinks).

Edited by violetsmile

I don't mean to highjack the thread, but I also have a question about the drink packages. If you buy it online ahead of time, do you have to pay at the time you purchase it, or is it added to your sail & sign?

If you purchase online, you pay at the time you order, not on the ship...

Does carnival usually offer discounts on drink packages during the cruise?

If they did, it would undermine their ability to sell them at full price, as well as upset people who paid full price for the packages.

3. Steakhouse: 1st night you can get a free bottle of wine, and the 1st and 2nd night you can buy bottles of wine for 50% off.

Do you have to dine there to get the discount? I have heard about people buying a few bottles, and they are delivered to the MDR later in the cruise when requested. Can you go to the Steakhouse and buy a few bottles for delivery later but not eat there?

Edited by richmke

Do you have to dine there to get the discount? I have heard about people buying a few bottles, and they are delivered to the MDR later in the cruise when requested. Can you go to the Steakhouse and buy a few bottles for delivery later but not eat there?

I think you probably do need to dine there. The entire reason for offering the incentives is that those are days people are less likely to dine in the Steakhouse because they want to dine in the MDR those nights. They are trying to draw people in on those days to spend the extra money.