Le Bistro cancellation on Escape for 2/28

GorillaPaper

Was just informed that our reservations, booked months ago, are cancelled. Supposedly I can book another evening but still awaiting confirmation. I was told "should be ok". Not very convincing. The restaurant is closed that evening. My guess is probably a private event. I'm just hoping they aren't going to surprise us with more "closings" like the spa or Haven area. I realize they can close things for private events or whatever but it's really crappy when you think you are paying for one thing and then you get something else. This after a bunch of haven people's rooms were taken and they were moved elsewhere and the off again on again MDQ. Waiting for the next change to our sailing only 4 days away.

Looking at the photo of le Bistro it looks as if it would seat quite a few pax. If so I wonder what size the party is. I hope that they are well behaved and don't take too much away from your cruise. I would hate to be on a cruise where things we expect to be able to use for the price paid are not available.

Mike

Looking at the photo of le Bistro it looks as if it would seat quite a few pax. Mike

It's a tiny, windowless closet. When dining there, be prepared to rub elbows, literally, with the table beside you. I could eat off the plate of the table beside me without even having to lean over.

I saw on our roll call someone's modernize reservation was also cancelled. Not sure for which night. I guess whoever took over the haven rooms is now making dining arrangements. I really hope they don't interfere with more plans or what's the use of planning and reserving ?

Must be an important group

How about phoning NCL and asking "Who" "What" "How Many"? See if you can find out any information. I'm sure lots of your fellow travelers will be interested to find out just what is happening.

See if NCL will give you a timetable of what will not be available to you as a regular cruiser. You want to make more arrangements but are uncertain of what is available.

BET THEY DON'T/WON'T!!

Mike

It's a tiny, windowless closet. When dining there, be prepared to rub elbows, literally, with the table beside you. I could eat off the plate of the table beside me without even having to lean over.

We were on the Escape in November and I could not agree more. Tiny, windowless closet is a good description. Also, since it's on the atrium the smell of smoke permeated the restaurant every time the doors were opened. The food was fine, but the experience was totally lacking.

I tried asking when I called about the reservation. All they would tell me is that the restaurant is closed that night and I could reschedule which I did and was told it should not be a problem, but haven't yet received the confirmation. Wouldn't even confirm if it was a group, that's purely my speculation based on the other events and things rumored (like why a bunch of people lost their haven rooms)

I hope it's just a dinner reservation and not other areas

I feel your pain. I am on the same sailing as you are. I am the only one in my group that plans and plans. The planning part has always been as much fun as the actual cruising part. It is aggravating when so much time was spent trying to make reservations and plan shows around the meals, you think you've got it down and then boom they pull the rug out from under you and change things around. This cruise has had more changes then any other cruise I've ever been on.

Right now, we have no dinner reservations. Guess I'm going to have to learn to fly by the seat of my pants and wait until I'm on board and then figure it out.