Radiance AFT 9160 or 8168

slyster

So, I posted a thread asking about Deck 9 or Deck 10 AFTs While reading the thread, it came to my attention that 8168 on deck 8 may have a bit of a wrap around area? I asked the agent on the phone this morning if it wrapped around a bit like 9256 and she told me it didn't. It would be great to look aft and see a bit to the right. Can someone confirm it? I tried for 9256 and it wasn't available.

8168 was available this morning so I'm not sure if it still is, BUT if it is, would you move from 9160 to 8168?

So, I posted a thread asking about Deck 9 or Deck 10 AFTs While reading the thread, it came to my attention that 8168 on deck 8 may have a bit of a wrap around area? I asked the agent on the phone this morning if it wrapped around a bit like 9256 and she told me it didn't. It would be great to look aft and see a bit to the right. Can someone confirm it? I tried for 9256 and it wasn't available.

8168 was available this morning so I'm not sure if it still is, BUT if it is, would you move from 9160 to 8168?

I already responded in your other thread but here is more for you:

Radiancestern.jpg

Radianceaftbalcony.jpg

Now quit doubting me and go get that cabin while it is still available. LOL

Edited by NightOne

Are the aft balconies on the Serenade laid out the same as on the Radiance? Just want to make sure the picture that was posted is accurate for the Serenade as well.

Yes. Jewel and Brilliance too.

If there is some anomaly between all 4 ships in the Radiance class, I am not aware of it. (in regards to aft balconies that is)

Carl, I called RC and booked it on faith from you. LOL I'll check out the pics and video later. Thanks for sharing that!

He did right by you. Your going to love that balcony . We have a corner aft on Brilliance in a couple of weeks. We can hardly wait. Also got an aft this summer on our Serenade cruise of the Norwegian Fjords. :D

These would be the preferred aft balconies for the Soutbound itinerary out of Seward, correct?

Your view is aft. Maybe you have a little better view of port side vs starboard side but not really huge. On either corner, you aren't really dealing with straight to the port or straight to the starboard but rather a huge arc to the rear.

See view for yourself here:

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Direct link:

Soooooo, I got home this evening and I checked out the photos and video of 8168. It does look really similar to 9256! :D Carl, thank you! I should have known better than to trust the agent LOL!

I'm glad we made the change to 8168. Thank you again!

Soooooo, I got home this evening and I checked out the photos and video of 8168. It does look really similar to 9256! :D Carl, thank you! I should have known better than to trust the agent LOL!

I'm glad we made the change to 8168. Thank you again!

I thought 9256 was the ultimate aft balcony and took 8168 as the 2nd best option because 9256 was already taken. However, after being in 8168 I think it is actually better than 9256 because you are closer to the water but unlike 7172 you are not right above the bars.

Plus the people on deck 8 are the coolest people on the ship. :)

Well today I called to see if I could take advantage of the $100 OBC offer. That didn't pan out because the small upgrade was actually more a deal saver. But I decided to ask about cabin 9256 again because the first time I called (a few hours after they opened up the Alaska sailings for summer 2017) it was not available.

This time when I called it was! Soooo we changed to 9256 :)