Evening chic

davnjnet

Wonder why you would care since evening chic is almost exactly the same as every other night. I always think one should look nice going to dinner and thus do not wear crummy jeans, shorts, swimsuits or a sleeveless t shirt. i would go to dinner wearing a nice pair of black jeans and a collared shirt any night of the cruise. And yes I always wear sandals (with socks for dinner) no difference now vs. formal nights except may ditch the tie.

Evening chic is a fancy name for wear whatever you like that is not vulgar or terribly ratty.

We will be sailing on the Silhouette 3/27. This will be the eastern Caribbean itinerary. Can anyone tell us which nights will be evening chic? Thanks and happy sailing everyone!

Thank you for asking this question. We will be on the same cruise as you and I have been wondering about this same thing.

While it is not formal dress, which you will still see, Many Many people of step up and yes dress to the best of modern dress(evening chic) with a WOW factor. Unfortunately, you might see some that are well dressed, to be nice, DOWN.

Wonder why you would care since evening chic is almost exactly the same as every other night. I always think one should look nice going to dinner and thus do not wear crummy jeans, shorts, swimsuits or a sleeveless t shirt. i would go to dinner wearing a nice pair of black jeans and a collared shirt any night of the cruise. And yes I always wear sandals (with socks for dinner) no difference now vs. formal nights except may ditch the tie.

Evening chic is a fancy name for wear whatever you like that is not vulgar or terribly ratty.

They might want to dress down and go to the buffet on evening chic nights, some people just like to be prepared.

......Evening chic is a fancy name for wear whatever you like that is not vulgar or terribly ratty.
You summed it up perfectly in that one sentence. :cool:

Cruise Critic can just keep a bookmark to it, and whenever the topic comes up again in the future (which it undoubtedly will), just point everyone directly to your description, saving a lot of unnecessary further discussion. :D

sandals with socks ???[emoji33]

thought only old brits did this[emoji851]

We will be sailing on the Silhouette 3/27. This will be the eastern Caribbean itinerary. Can anyone tell us which nights will be evening chic? Thanks and happy sailing everyone!

The nights will be Monday and Friday. Most people dress up for those nights. Very few tuxedos, but many suits and sport jackets, and long sleeve nice shirts for the men.

So I guess Flip flops with socks will be okay for "Chic" wear?

I knew someone years ago who used to wear flip flops with tights, and a t-shirt with her pearl necklace (plus a skirt). This was while we were running a volunteer coffee shop at a surf beach in Australia. However, she did not resort to socks with the flip flops. You have to have standards somewhere. :D

Just off the Summit Southern Caribbean cruise. Evening Chic was the dress code for the 2nd and the 6th night. I believe it's always the 2nd night of a 7-night cruise, with the other night being at the captain's discretion (but still usually the 6th night). As far as the level of dress, we were in Luminae and many people really dressed up...suits, a fair number in tuxedos and cocktail dresses, a kilt. Around the ship I would say the majority were well dressed--again, some in formal wear, some in slacks and shirt. But no one seemed to care about those who chose to dress down.