Odd New AzAmazing Evening Policy ?

troywest

I just noticed the information below, for an AzAmazing Evening in Seville:

If I'm reading the last line correctly, it appears that Azamara is no longer providing transportation to or from the the event. Could this be correct ?

For some older passengers a 30 to 45 minute walk both to AND from the event might be difficult. Also, some single women might be uncomfortable walking in Seville at night.

AzAmazing Evening - Concert at the Alcázares de Sevilla

• Spend an evening of high culture in the Alcázares, one of Spain’s most beautiful palaces.

• Hear a performance by a local orchestra featuring Zarzuela or Spanish opera standards.

What to Bring:

• Keycard and photo identification

• Camera

• Cash/credit cards

What to Wear:

• Walking shoes

Important Notes:

• Guests must be able to walk for approximately 30-45 minutes to and from the Alcázares.

I think this may be walking within the Alcazares. It's a big place with big grounds. My guess is there'll be transport to the entry gate, but then you may have to walk through the gardens to get to where the concert is. It's beautiful. We went to Seville for the feria a few years ago and had half a day in the Alcazares to see it all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

First off, this isn't a policy change. I've been to a couple of Azamazing evenings in the past where some walking to the event was necessary because of local geography. One was Bergen and the other Livorno. I also think that the quoted walking time is cumulative rather than time each way and probably a little pessimistic. The Alcazares de Sevilla is centrally located and the ship docks at Muelle de las Delicias, also central. There will be assistance on hand I'm sure for those less able.

Phil

For the AzAmazing Evening in Hvar, most people walked. But for those for whom the 10-15 minute walk was a difficulty, Azamara provided shuttle vans to get those people to/from the event. Not something I would worry about, fully expect Azamara will do their best to get anyone interested in the Evenings to the event.