Singapore; Marina Bay; Cruise/Fly

Has anyone used this option to check in for their same day Qantas flight when disembarking at Marina Bay Terminal ?

If so, does anyone know if it is still available if the flight is booked through Emirates but actually operated by Qantas ?

Thanks.

Has anyone used this option to check in for their same day Qantas flight when disembarking at Marina Bay Terminal ?

If so, does anyone know if it is still available if the flight is booked through Emirates but actually operated by Qantas ?

Thanks.

If it is code share then I would think it would be available. Perhaps check with the TA or cruise line or however is offering the package.

Thanks.

I have asked the cruise line and Marina Bay; awaiting a response.

Am booking the flight myself.

The possible problem: according to the Marina Bay website Qantas is registered for this check in service but Emirates is not.

My flight ticket would show an Emirates flight number.

Thanks.

The possible problem: according to the Marina Bay website Qantas is registered for this check in service but Emirates is not.

Perhaps you can get a letter showing you are able to use the service. Good luck.:D

Thanks.

I recently flew American Airlines operated by Qantas to LAX. Once I had been ticketed by AA, it was just like I had a Qantas flight. I did everything on Qantas' website, chose seats, picked my select meal, checked in, printed boarding passes, went to the Qantas desk at the airport, took the Qantas terminal transfer bus in Sydney, got Qantas frequent flyer points, it was all exactly as if I was a Qantas customer (which I was, really).

I don't know for sure, but I would think it would be fine. Emirates have just sold you the ticket is all, they have merely acted as a ticketing agent, but you are flying Qantas.

I can't remember if the QF flight number was on my boarding pass, but it's a codeshare, it's the same flight and they know it, so that shouldn't matter.

Edited by Tigerlily75

For info:

Have heard back from Marina Bay Terminal.

In this case, if the flight ticket has an Emirates flight number then early check-in using their Cruise/Fly system is not available.

Bummer. Just goes to show you can never take anything for granted.

For info:

Have heard back from Marina Bay Terminal.

In this case, if the flight ticket has an Emirates flight number then early check-in using their Cruise/Fly system is not available.

Can I ask a bit more about this - are you saying that there is an option if you booked a Qantas flight for the same day that you can check in your bags for that flight at the MB terminal? That is handy to know given that there are probably quite a few of us Aussie cruisers who would like to access this option when we arrive into Singapore. :)

Edited - just did a google and found out more about the cruise/fly from MB terminal. More info can be found here - http://mbccs.com.sg/passenger-guide/cruisefly-flycruise.

I think it is a great initiative for people who need a place to have their bags stored and transferred to the airport for their flight.

Edited by SunnyinDubai

QF will operate code share Emirates flights (with a QF number) but often these are priced slightly more expensively than booking Emirates directly. By having a QF flight number you would be able to book your luggage through. If a QF FF you would receive QF frequent flyer status credits and points for the QF coded flight (no status credits if it is an EK coded flight, only points). If you are after retaining/achieving status with QF this makes it worthwhile.

Last October I priced a Qantas one way flight online from Sydney to Singapore for approx Au $800.

I thought it a bit much and found an Emirates flight for the same day/time for approx $400.

Turned out it was the same flight code share with Qantas.

How can Qantas justify this price difference?

It pays to shop around ...

Last October I priced a Qantas one way flight online from Sydney to Singapore for approx Au $800.

I thought it a bit much and found an Emirates flight for the same day/time for approx $400.

Turned out it was the same flight code share with Qantas.

How can Qantas justify this price difference?

It pays to shop around ...

They can and do, as some people do not shop around. I don't know why anyone wouldn't.

Qantas factors in the benefits of status credits for frequent flyers. Which for us for instance, are important due to heavy travel for work. It means access to a significant range of benefits like priority boarding, quality lounges, higher end customer service, upgrades etc. We always book Qantas even though we know Emirates direct are cheaper.

Edited by Pushka

Qantas factors in the benefits of status credits for frequent flyers. Which for us for instance, are important due to heavy travel for work. It means access to a significant range of benefits like priority boarding, quality lounges, higher end customer service, upgrades etc. We always book Qantas even though we know Emirates direct are cheaper.

I like to book Qantas but as I do not have club membership am not tied to the Airline.

I like to book Qantas but as I do not have club membership am not tied to the Airline.

Thats the thing. We get club membership free. And Qantas = BA = Cathay = Emirates +++ so not really tied to one airline.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

They can and do, as some people do not shop around. I don't know why anyone wouldn't.

It all depends...some people are prepared to pay a higher price to fly at civilized hours. Some of us are past the days of getting up at 3 am to head off on a flight and then arrive looking like a zombie.

When I was able to fly , I flew at hours that suited me and the time zone I was going to.