FLL to Port of Miami transportation?

jordanaire

My 10-yr old son and I will be needing safe, dependable transportation from our FLL hotel (or from the FLL airport) to the Port of Miami in late June. I realize that Carnival transfers are $30 per person, but I need to save money if possible for our cruise. Any suggestions?

It says it's between $32-$41. It's not per person, it's per vehicle.

The taxi itself from MIA to POM is $27 so I wouldn't mess with the train and then have to go all the way down and grab a cab. Unless you did that and used Uber to POM. But that's a lot of schlepping luggage around for a few bucks. I like to save money too, but that's not a way I would like to start my vacation. Hop in an Uber car and relax! [emoji41]

Edited by firemanbobswife

UBER for the win! We took it from Fort Lauderdale (area, not airport) for our cruise in November and it was $37 for 2 of us and we had about 4 pieces of luggage. Straight there and it was easy peasy. Called one as soon as we got out the port and took it right back with no worries. Will be doing it again and again!

There is no phone number for Uber. Well, there may be, but to use them you need their app on your smartphone. That's the only way it works. You cannot call and request an Uber ride. You can get an estimate for a trip on their web site. Uber is giving an estimate for FLL to POM of $30-39 for UberX. That's a basic sedan that will carry up to four people. Probably not four people with two big bags each. Think Toyota Camry or something similar.

Folks quoting taxi prices from MIA to POM are missing that the poster is asking about FLL, not MIA.

There is no phone number for Uber. Well, there may be, but to use them you need their app on your smartphone. That's the only way it works. You cannot call and request an Uber ride. You can get an estimate for a trip on their web site. Uber is giving an estimate for FLL to POM of $30-39 for UberX. That's a basic sedan that will carry up to four people. Probably not four people with two big bags each. Think Toyota Camry or something similar.

Folks quoting taxi prices from MIA to POM are missing that the poster is asking about FLL, not MIA.

I am very well aware they are talking about FLL to MIA. I was quoting cab prices in response to the poster that said take the train from FLL to MIA and then a taxi from MIA to POM. I then let the other poster know that the cab fee from MIA to POM is $27 not $25 and did include luggage.

You need to download the app on your phone. I set up my account initially on my laptop. It's easier that way because you input your credit card info and everything in there. Be sure to look for your first ride free code.

Another bonus in regards to Uber is that you don't pay in cash. Everything is done electronically. So no more digging in the travel wallet to get out cash. It's so easy!

I have also used SAS and have always been pleased with their service. They charge $15 a person if you have 1-4, and $13 apiece for 5+. Very reliable and they have good reviews on Trip-advisor. They go from FLL to POM, so you'd have to take your hotel shuttle to the airport.

Edited by nwcruiselover

We are using SAS transportation in November (we have previously used them), http://ridesas.com/. They were reliable and on time the last time. No problems.

We used them before too but they have become very restrictive in the areas they service now. I wasn't impressed with how many stops we had to make to get other people along the way and stop at each of their ships letting them off. Ours was the last one being it was Celebrity [emoji20]

Then on the way back we called them just like they said and it took at least 20 min for them to come. It was madness out there with all those people. Then we had to circle the port 3 more times looking for the other people we had to pick up. Never again.

For the same price if not cheaper, Uber it is. I had a driver within 4 min of my request and for $9 and some change was on my way to Miami. Beats a $27 taxi ride to MIA! No muss, no fuss.

I would for sure Uber it directly to/from FLL/POM. They come on your schedule and your terms to where you want. No need to travel from hotel back to the airport than wait for the shuttle. Plus it's cheaper, faster, and a lot more comfortable.

Edited by firemanbobswife

I have SAS booked to take us from our hotel near FLL (they do pick up at certain hotels, you don't have to shuttle back to the airport) to POM, but after hearing about Uber, I'm thinking that may be the better option. Set your own time frame, no other stops and probably more comfortable since you're not riding with strangers. I think I may switch!

I have SAS booked to take us from our hotel near FLL (they do pick up at certain hotels, you don't have to shuttle back to the airport) to POM, but after hearing about Uber, I'm thinking that may be the better option. Set your own time frame, no other stops and probably more comfortable since you're not riding with strangers. I think I may switch!

Do it! You won't be disappointed. I will never use another taxi or shuttle service - ever!