Help deciding on beach

chewie8008

It is only 15min walk from the pier, we were allowed to check it out before we agreed to stay. Not the best beach but Curacao is the pits for any decent beach.

There is no other beach within walking distance except the Renaissance Hotel with its infinite pool. They don't do Day Passes, you can try to sneek-in, best of luck.

Mickey89 - Not sure what beaches you have been to - or should I say not been to - but the western beaches - which are further from the port - are some of the best beaches in the Caribbean - Gnote Knip, Klein Knip, Playa Kalki just to name a few.

Mickey89 - Not sure what beaches you have been to - or should I say not been to - but the western beaches - which are further from the port - are some of the best beaches in the Caribbean - Gnote Knip, Klein Knip, Playa Kalki just to name a few.

I respect your opinion but it is definitely different to ours. We have even hired a car travelled to all the top of the Island beaches, unfortunately none would get my Blue Flag. Other than their man-made beaches don't forget your sea shoes.

I suppose we are all different, I know what I like and it's definitely not Curacao Beaches for sure.

• 8 months later...
We ended up going to Blue Bay and loved it. Snorkeled some, it's a great beach.

Thanks for the advice.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Glad to hear you liked Blue Bay. I've been very torn, reading lots of online info about beaches in Curacao. We cruise in a few weeks, 1pm arrival in Curacao, with a 9 yr old & 11 yr old. Was trying to pick a closer beach than Porte Marie. Blue Bay vs Mambo vs Pirate Bay..... thinking Blue Bay might be the best overall choice. Want to snorkel from shore. Send me any thoughts or advice please. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
Glad to hear you liked Blue Bay. I've been very torn, reading lots of online info about beaches in Curacao. We cruise in a few weeks, 1pm arrival in Curacao, with a 9 yr old & 11 yr old. Was trying to pick a closer beach than Porte Marie. Blue Bay vs Mambo vs Pirate Bay..... thinking Blue Bay might be the best overall choice. Want to snorkel from shore. Send me any thoughts or advice please. Thanks!

I have been to Blue Bay and Mambo (Seaquarium Beach) and my husband and I both prefer Blue Bay. It is more intimate. I remember Mambo being crowded and packed with chairs. And if it matters to you, it is man-made.

Try Aqua Beach, you can get a taxi there, although we actually cycled from the ship, so yes it's pretty close! There's great shade, loads of restaurants, including Subway and then some more upmarket places. It's $5 to enter the beach, but then the sea is a lagoon with inflatables etc. Check out the pictures on my crew member blog Islands Part 2 http://wp.me/p6Ptmi-l7

You'll love Curaçao! Have a great cruise. 😊

We went to Porto Marie and plan on going back there again this year. The snorkeling was wonderful! Well worth the taxi ride over and back.

This is my choice, as well. Far enough from the touristy Mambo beach, and authentic. Wonderful water, as you mentioned.

Nice bar and restaurant, with wifi (if that's important to anybody).

The cab ride does keep some away, but if you find a few people to share the ride, it's not a big deal. If I want a groomed, featureless beach, there are plenty more of those man made beaches on cruise ship "private islands" to choose from.