MITSUGIRLY'S birthday cruise on the JADE review/pictorial

mitsugirly

Along the hallway, past the pool area and opposite from the buffet, you will find the photo studio, card room and library.

Library:

P2210394%20copy-L.jpg

P2210393%20copy-L.jpg

P2210397%20copy-L.jpg

They also had a few computers in there to use. I tried one night, but they were extremely slow for some reason. I don't know if it was the night I tried them, or just the location of the computers.

P2210396%20copy-L.jpg

To me, the one area of the Jade I disliked was the appearance of the Garden Cafe. I thought the tile work looked really dated and I was not a fan of the blue ceiling which made the ceiling feel even lower and I didn't like the faux clouds on the ceiling. I'm surprised that when the ship went through dry dock they didn't do something to update this area. Just putting down a more neutral floor like what is on the Epic, Getaway and Breakaway would really make it look much more modern and fresh.

BTW, the computers have always been super slow on Jade. I guess they didn't fix its in dry dock.

Edited by SuiteTraveler

So excited for this review! My daughter is about the same age as Sakari so,it is always fun to see how much she enjoys the trips.

We are doing Getaway next year and have already reserved LFK based on your previous positive reviews. Can't wait to see what you thought this time around. Has there been any news about their removed animals?

There is a replica ship in the library of the SS United States:

P2210392%20copy-L.jpg

P2210401%20copy-L.jpg

P2210403%20copy-L.jpg

P2210404%20copy-L.jpg

One nice thing about taking the SS United States to Europe is all the deck space we put at your feet (five acres to be exact)! Makes it easy to take a hike...or enjoy a fast set of deck tennis...or curl up in a deck chair away from everyone else.

It's hard to believe a ship so big can be so fast. Yet the fact is, the SS United States is the fastest ship in the world. An average crossing takes just four-and-a-quarter days. This is a big advantage whether you're going to Europe on pleasure or business. Since most of our crossings include a weekend, you spend only three business days traveling.

Best of all, when you travel to Europe by ship you arrive at the top of your form! Step ashore and tour a museum...or close a business deal. There's no need to spend valuable time recuperating.

What else will you find aboard America's Superliner? Food in the classic tradition of Europe's great inns...everything from steamed finnan haddie for breakfast to Schaschlick a la Russe fro dinner. The wine cellar is the largest afloat...stocked with the finest bordeaux, burgundies, moselles, ports...and 5000 bottles of vintage champagnes. Staterooms are large and beautifully appointed--and every one is air conditioned with individual room control. There's swimming, dancing, professional entertainment, the latest movies, a huge free baggage allowance...and for your peace of mind, the highest safety standards on any ship in the world.

So, this year, travel to Europe with us. There's no ship in the world quite like the SS United States. For information and reservations call your Travel Agent or United States Lines, One Broadway, New York, N. Y.

P2210406%20copy-L.jpg

Information online about the SS United States (again, only information I found)

SS United States is a luxury passenger liner[/url] built in 1952 for United States Lines designed to capture the trans-Atlantic speed record.Built at a cost of $79.4 million ($724 million in today's dollars) the ship is the largest ocean liner constructed entirely in the U.S. and the fastest ocean liner to cross the Atlantic in either direction.

United States operated uninterrupted in transatlantic passenger service until 1969. Since 1996 she has been docked at Pier 82 on the Delaware River in Philadelphia.

P2240725%20copy-L.jpg

Now I did want to get a picture of the smoking section, for those that smoke and those that want to avoid smoke.

I thought this was EXTREMELY strange...The entire opposite side was non-smoking. This side (in the picture below) is the smoking side. The entire side is smoking EXCEPT 2 rows of tables. Um...ok. You can see the 2 rows of tables, they are a different color. They had the non-smoking sign on the table. Now WHY would you make the entire side smoking except for 2 rows of tables??? I did see people smoking at them anyhow so...just saying. It was WEIRD!

P2270915%20copy-L.jpg

Splash Academy:

This was an area they played movies in for the children.

P2200182%20copy-L.jpg

Now I swear I thought I seen a picture of the kids area that had one of those ball pit/jumping areas in here, but there wasn't one. So either they removed it or the picture I had seen prior was mislabled.

P2200183%20copy-L.jpg

P2200185%20copy-L.jpg

P2200184%20copy-L.jpg

Great Outdoors. This is a great place to hang out, have a drink and also eat. There's a small buffet cafe type area out here with snacks and hot food during the day and evening. Usually if the buffet inside is closed, there's something out here to fill your belly.

P2210368%20copy-L.jpg

If they ever sell these chairs...I want one. Seriously!

P2200208%20copy-L.jpg

They did have a few games in here, like the dart board you see and they had the video poker as well.

P2200213%20copy-L.jpg

Then they had this game. I have no idea what it is called or even how you play.

P2200212%20copy-L.jpg

Sakari tried "playing" for awhile and we really didn't know what to do. I'm not sure if you try to get the round things as far as possible, maybe against the pegs? It also had sand in the side pockets for some reason. Is this normal? Someone enlighten me please. Maybe a table form of shuffleboard?

Edited by mitsugirly

So there you have it. The entire ship photos from the lowest to the highest deck. Of course, minus the Haven, which I will never see in my lifetime I'm sure. I just justify the pricing no matter how much money someone makes. It just doesn't make sense to me at this time. I would much rather cruise more often in cheap cabins than only once in an expensive cabin. But that's just me.

I also have pictures of the outside of the ship and paintings, the stairway paintings and decor and some "extras" I'll share next.

I'm off to get in the shower and get refreshed. It's already 2pm here and I'm still in the jammies. I'll be back soon to answer any questions and comments posted soon. :)

Edited by mitsugirly

Hi all!

mitsugirly ~ so happy to see you have another review well underway!:D Thanks so much

for getting to it so fast.

I'm really looking forward to your Breeze cruise too as I know how much you want to sail her & she's one of my favs.. Jade looks very colourful!!

~ Jo ~ :)

And just when I thought it was going to be a boring Sunday....I open up cruise critic & there it is! The beginning of another wonderful review by our Mitsugirly. And Happy Belated Birthday:D

Haha. Not going to be boring at all. :D

Thanks for the belated birthday wishes.

Happy Birthday Kim! I am looking forward to another great review by you.

Thank you. I appreciate it.

So excited about your review Kim! Thanks so much for all of the time you put into this considering school, work and your upcoming cruise! I can't believe how big Sakari is now! Since I've read all of your reviews, you can really see the difference! I'm glad your cruise started off well!

Thanks and yep she's growing up way too fast. Thank goodness I finished my school work last week in record time (it was an easy week) and was able to work on getting my pictures together and uploaded. Hopefully this will make the process go quicker.

Hi Kim!

I was finishing up my Christmas cruise review and someone told me that you took an unexpected cruise and were posting a review. So, please let it be known that I am delaying my charting so that I can catch up!!

I was looking forward to your upcoming Breeze review to hold me over until my April cruise, so I'm so glad to have this to hold me over until then!! (Because, you know, it's all about people reading your reviews, not about your family getting to actually cruise ;) )

Happy belated birthday, it sounds like your hubby knew exactly what type of getaway that you would want:)

Hope the BSN program is treating you better this semester!

PS- Hope that return to Roatan meant a return to LFK?!?!

Stacey

Haha, delaying the charting...now that you say that, I haven't even charted from Friday or yesterday day and will need to work that into my schedule today. :p

Thanks for the birthday wishes. I appreciate it. He knows me all too well.

The BSN program has been a little better. Last class was SUPER easy and I loved it. (It had an online simulation program with a patient that interacted with us and our questioning. So pretty interesting). This semester has been "ok" so far. I have only missed 2 points out of 200 so far in this class and have 100% in my other elective class. So, I guess I can't complain. So far a 4.0 gpa for the BSN program and I'll take it! After these 2 classes this semester, I elected to only take 2 short elective classes for the summer and no nursing classes. I'll get them out of the way and enjoy my summer!

Yep, Roatan = LFK again. :D

Some of us (okay, me) will forget to go to the Carnival board for your Breeze review, so please post a link here! Looking forward to the rest of this review also!

I will try to remember to do that. It will have a link in my signature line though so you'll be able to see it on any of my post. :)

So excited to read your review, thanks in advance for writing it! :D

Why thank you for saying that and glad you are here.