Back to back shorty cruises out of Tampa

willow0325

Greetings fellow cruisers! Thinking about stringing together a couple of the shorter cruises out of Tampa. Doesn't really matter to us that the ship is the same for both or that the ports are essentially the same. We just want to cruise out of Tampa and thought this might be interesting. Okay experts, what say ye?? Pros and cons? Thanks so much!

Hi Willow

I always look at what's available, what combinations would work for my timeframe. Look at itinerary and price. If it works for me I book it.

If you have done something similar I don't see any real con's. Some people feel that the shorter cruises might draw more of a party crowd (boozers). The shows would likely also be the same. Oh yes, I almost forgot (recent cutback :) ), no lobster unless you pay. If you aren't thrown off too much by those issues. Go on the cruises.

Pro's: you might have a really good time.

have a great cruise

Thanks, Nic! I was hoping I wasn't missing "the obvious" like increased this or paying twice for something by doing this. Cruising out of Tampa would mean the same ship twice but cruising out of Miami could be 2 different ships which is intriguing, too. Thanks for your post!

Yes! I've done B2B cruises, out of Tampa on "Paradise", and had a GREAT time doing that. The ship is lots of fun, even though you might go to the same ports on both cruises, and the turnaround in Tampa is one of the absolute easiest that I've done, or heard of. You probably won't even have to walk off the ship at the turn around. Just get issued a new sign-n-sail card, and "ding in". No problem. If you can snag the same cabin for both cruises, it's even easier.

Hope you have a GREAT time. ;)

"SKY"

I would try to pick 2 short cruises with alternating internaries. Try get the same cabin so you don't have pack and move rooms.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

Paradise doesn't really have alternating itineraries, goes to GC and Cozumel or just one of those.

Con:

Paying port charges twice as compared to a 7 or 8 day cruise

Too many partiers

Extra day spent in Tampa at dock on turnaround rather than a sea day cruising

Edited by evandbob

Would you explain that to me? (the "paying port fees twice"). That was one of the things I was thinking about -- but don't understand how it's charged. Thanks!

We have done a LOT of B2B's on the Paradise, up to 19 day's. :eek: Love it, port fees are for the port you stop in. On a 7 day cruise you go to 4 ports & pay 4 fees. B2B you do the same. Each cruise is separate so the fees & tips are charged on you new S&S. When you fill out your paperwork just do it for both cruises. Get the same cabin & enjoy. We can only go out of Tampa so this is how we get a nice long cruise. :):) You will also find that even though the shows are the same you can pick & chose more.

Char & Larry