WWYD - cabin choice, Crown Princess

sc71

Hubby and I are leaving the teens behind and taking our first Alaskan cruise this July....so excited!

I have booked an inside room on the Lido deck. We are not hang out in the room type of people and have had a balcony on other cruises (RC and X) that went unused for the most part. We have done interior rooms and no issue except for the lack of natural light.

That being said, as our itinerary is Alaska and therefore all about the sights, I figured that the lido deck was a great choice as we can quickly get out to deck viewing from the cabin in the morning, night, etc.

So, today I discovered something that is an obstructed oceanview cabin that is really unobstructed on deck eight. The cost is about $100 more for this cabin.

So.....for those in the know....what would you do? Keep the lido deck with the easy access to outside or take the more expensive lower deck just for natural light.

The answer should be obvious but I'm one of those that can quickly become indecisive when too many options are presented! :o :confused:

Thoughts, suggestions, simple common sense replies, anything would be appreciated!

If the total cost is $100 more (not $100 per person), then I'd go with the obstructed view. When we took our first cruise to Alaska, we had an obstructed view. The Emerald Deck also has easy access to the outside--just one deck above the Promenade Deck.

Know that since you will be on a Princess cruise in Alaska, it will be impossible to make a "bad" choice. My family and I have enjoyed inside cabins and don't have a problem with them. Like you, we don't spend a lot of time in our cabin. And like you, I find the natural light to be nice.

I would choose the O/S obstructed. We were on the Crown last July with our family. We had outside cabins. Wonderful.

Have a great cruise. Cheers.

I would take the obstructed Oceanview with the good view. As an example, one day as we were sailing out of Ketchikan, bam, from or obstructed Oceanview window we saw a float plane taking off! You just never know what you'll encounter, so spring for it. You can easily go down 1 deck and outside on Promenade from Emerald Deck.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It is nice to know what the weather is like before venturing out. I've had these rooms and the obstructions are life boats and tender boats. If you look on a deck plan you can find some that have very little obstruction. These rooms are also handy to the international café, vines, purser, etc... as well as the promenade deck.

Edited by fishin' musician

we always book an obstructed view on the emerald deck and book the ones between the lifeboats. We have E512 for our cruise in April. We have had this cabin before on the Caribbean Princess and one time we even had a perfect view of a school of dolphins right outside our window. We mainly book this cabin because of the light and like to leave the curtain open. Just be sure to close the curtain when you are dressing because crew members are sometimes out the window doing maintenance by the life boats...lets just say I know this from experience lol :)

Thank you for all the input; I took everyone's advice and was able to book e632 for a total of $114 more than the interior cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app