Liberty of the Seas Questions

Sailing May 1 on Liberty OTS for the first time. Have a few questions that I can't seemed to find answers for elsewhere in the forum.

1. Electrical Outlets in Stateroom - DH uses a CPAP machine. We're staying in a Junior Suite. Is there an electrical outlet by the bed he can use? Or should we bring our own extension cord/power strip? Will we be able to bring on our own distilled water? Or is it available on the ship?

2. Pros/Cons of Junior Suites - Have booked 1312 and 1316. Mid-ship, deck 10 on starboard side. Has anyone sailed in either of these suites before? If so, what are the pros/cons?

3. Balcony Divider - Will we be able to open the balcony divider between the two suites at any time? The suites are adjoining; but, it would be nice to have one large balcony to share rather than two. .

4. Laundry - does Liberty have self laundry facilities? Or do you just have to send your laundry "out" like at a hotel? Pretty sure I know the answer; but, thought I would still ask. If laundry is sent out, does RCI offer a one time "stuff the bag" discount like Norwegian does?

I have not sailed on Royal yet, but when we booked we were added to the special needs list so that they will bring my husband an extension cord and distilled water for his CPAP machine.

I don't know much about their laundry facilities other than that they do not have self laundry.

I sailed on Liberty last year to Bermuda

I can answer Point#1 and point#4 as I was in not in a suite but a balcony cabin

Point#1 I too use a CPAP, there are no electrical outlets by the bed, how ever you do not need to bring an extension cord, just let your attendant know you use a CPAP an they will bring you an extension cord.

Point#4 I d not believe there are self laundry facilities aboard, I used there service to wash some items, I did not think the price was that bad at all (unless your having them wash a whole trash bag full of clothes, that might get $$), in any case I thought the service was very good. However I did not notice any kind of discount though

Hope this helps :)

Sailing May 1 on Liberty OTS for the first time. Have a few questions that I can't seemed to find answers for elsewhere in the forum.

1. Electrical Outlets in Stateroom - DH uses a CPAP machine. We're staying in a Junior Suite. Is there an electrical outlet by the bed he can use? Or should we bring our own extension cord/power strip? Will we be able to bring on our own distilled water? Or is it available on the ship?

2. Pros/Cons of Junior Suites - Have booked 1312 and 1316. Mid-ship, deck 10 on starboard side. Has anyone sailed in either of these suites before? If so, what are the pros/cons?

3. Balcony Divider - Will we be able to open the balcony divider between the two suites at any time? The suites are adjoining; but, it would be nice to have one large balcony to share rather than two. .

4. Laundry - does Liberty have self laundry facilities? Or do you just have to send your laundry "out" like at a hotel? Pretty sure I know the answer; but, thought I would still ask. If laundry is sent out, does RCI offer a one time "stuff the bag" discount like Norwegian does?

Regarding your questions-

1. Contact special needs site (https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/allaboutcruising/guestSpecialNeeds.do) RCCL use the medical form and inform them you are bringing a cpap and nede both extension cord and distilled water and they will provide for you and set it all up.

2.We only book JS when available-- walk in closet extra room and bathroom size is why we do

3. Ask your cabin steward he probably can open them

4. Have to send your laundry out

Great ship-- fabulous promenade you are gonna love it

2. The con of those rooms is the fact they are directly under the pool deck. Rooms in that area tend to have a lot of noise above, even late at night when the crew is cleaning and dragging around the pool chairs. If it were me, I would try to relocate to deck 9 for that very reason.

3. Yes, the dividers do open on Liberty. If one of the men has a strong set of fingers, you can open the divider yourself. I know...we did it. ;)

1. An extension cord will probably be confiscated at boarding. Your stateroom attendant can get you one to use on-ship.

2. No experience with either.

3. It is up to the ship's Captain. Ask your stateroom attendant and it'll occur if the ship allows it.

4. RCCL doesn't have Self-service laundry facilities onboard their ships. Here is the laundry price list: http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/LaundryPriceList.pdf

They also offer a $30 Wash & Fold laundry special: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=337&faqSubjectName=Onboard+Extras&faqId=4029

Regarding your questions-

1. Contact special needs site (https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/allaboutcruising/guestSpecialNeeds.do) RCCL use the medical form and inform them you are bringing a cpap and nede both extension cord and distilled water and they will provide for you and set it all up.

2.We only book JS when available-- walk in closet extra room and bathroom size is why we do

3. Ask your cabin steward he probably can open them

4. Have to send your laundry out

Great ship-- fabulous promenade you are gonna love it

Thanks for all of the good information, folks!!!!

Someone kindly posted a link to another web page where he had posted copies of the actual Main Dining Room menus. I saw the posting the other day and wanted to go back to the site; however, can't find that specific message. If anyone has that link or if you're the guy who had the web page , I'd be grateful if you could post it again. Many Thanks!!!

Someone kindly posted a link to another web page where he had posted copies of the actual Main Dining Room menus. I saw the posting the other day and wanted to go back to the site; however, can't find that specific message. If anyone has that link or if you're the guy who had the web page , I'd be grateful if you could post it again. Many Thanks!!!

http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter...d-press-kit/7/

I would be interested in your feedback on the JS1312. We have that same cabin later this summer. Noise was a slight concern but I have heard mixed reviews about the noise level. We were on Navigator 3 times last year and while not in JS we had no noise issues and the ship layout is similar

We were in those exact cabins on the liberty in 2012 and I cannot recall hearing any noises whatsoever and we were early to bed on that cruises, nothing in the mornings either.

Have a great cruise! The Liberty is my favourite.

Good to know as we have the same cabin. We were considering a switch to 9348 on the hump but it appears to have no forward view.

I would be interested in your feedback on the JS1312. We have that same cabin later this summer. Noise was a slight concern but I have heard mixed reviews about the noise level. We were on Navigator 3 times last year and while not in JS we had no noise issues and the ship layout is similar

Will definitely let you know how things go. I'm the only one in my family who is a "light" sleeper. So, we usually bring along a "sound machine" anyway whenever we travel. Hopefully, that will "mask" any noise.

I was on a CPAP machine a number of years ago and we brought duct tape with us to tape down the extension cord so you don't drip on during the night or day for that matter.

1. Do not bring anything. Contact special needs and they will provide the water and an authorized cord

3 only if the captain gives the okay and it remains open at all times if approved

4. Nope. And yes. Think it's $35 a bag but I could be wrong.