iMessage and Carnival Glory

Caraec

Trying to figure out the best way to communicate back home. I see there have been some issues with iMessage and the cheapest social wifi plan. Will iMessage work with one of the more expensive plans? Anyone recently experience this on the Glory?

Trying to figure out the best way to communicate back home. I see there have been some issues with iMessage and the cheapest social wifi plan. Will iMessage work with one of the more expensive plans? Anyone recently experience this on the Glory?

We went with the middle Internet plan a few weeks ago and imessaging and FaceTime both worked.

I am one of the people who had issues. Some how they turned OFF my iMessage and no matter where or when I tried to activate it (off ship in port) it wouldn't activate. I think it's a by chance thing. My boyfriends worked the whole 5 days and was turned off on day 6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am very interested in this. I plan to get the next step up from the social network plan on our upcoming Valor sailing. One in our party is not on Facebook. We all have iPhones and would prefer to just use iMessage. What is the best texting app?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Isn't their a Carnival Hub App that allows guests cruising together to message each other?

Hub App is currently only active on a few ships. Right now, only the Breeze, Freedom, Glory, Sunshine, and possibly the Pride on 4/3.

Yes. Hub app works for chat if everyone has the social plan.

So you are saying the Hub App chat works under the social media plan - or did you have to pay for the social media plan plus the $5 for the Hub App chat feature?

Hub App is currently only active on a few ships. Right now, only the Breeze, Freedom, Glory, Sunshine, and possibly the Pride on 4/3.

So you are saying the Hub App chat works under the social media plan - or did you have to pay for the social media plan plus the $5 for the Hub App chat feature?

You have to pay the $5 in addition to the package.

What's your itinerary? I was on the Glory in October and have AT&T, we used our phones in both St Thomas and San Juan as if on the mainland. While we were in Grand Turk we went to Margarittaville and used the free internet to check our email.

Just off the Valor yesterday. I bought the $60 middle wifi plan and it worked great - iMessage worked great, sending and receiving. I was going to try the $5 a day plan but for less than $10 a day, it was the best purchase I made on the ship! I could NOT watch YouTube videos but I could get the news, email, check in for my flight, maps, cruise critic, etc. At times it was a bit slow (around 5 o'clock) but for the most part I was really happy with the plan. You can ALWAYS trade UP but you can't trade down. So start out with the $5 plan if you want to see if iMessage will work for you.

Was able to make calls from San Juan (Verizon). Didn't seem to get the ship wifi until we left port but was able to use it the morning of debarkation with no problem.

I thought about a total disconnect BUT I was able to look up port info, which seemed to be sorely lacking unless you went to the speech the day before. Tram info, maps, best places to eat or sites to see, all online - very helpful.