Shoe organizer

amyh13

I'm kind of confused - my clothing isn't fire retardant - why would a shoe organizer have to be fire retardant? We're not allowed open flame, so I just don't get it. And is there actually a q&a section on shoe organizer specifications?

Are we talking the shoe organizers some people hang over the door to store bathroom stuff in??? Why do they have to be fire retardant? Like a PP said, our clothes aren't and I'm sure the towels and bedding isn't either. Is this a new CArnival thing? I just got of an RCI cruise couple weeks ago, took mine as I have never heard of this before.

Are we talking the shoe organizers some people hang over the door to store bathroom stuff in??? Why do they have to be fire retardant? Like a PP said, our clothes aren't and I'm sure the towels and bedding isn't either. Is this a new CArnival thing? I just got of an RCI cruise couple weeks ago, took mine as I have never heard of this before.

We recognize some of our guests like to decorate their staterooms and we, too, love seeing your creative decorations. However, for safety reasons, we must ask that you abide by the following guidelines for decorating your stateroom door as well as the interior of your stateroom.

Only use fire retardant materials; items sprayed with fire retardant spray are not acceptable.

Decorations may only be placed on the stateroom door and not the surrounding frame, walls or railings.

To affix materials to your stateroom door, you may use magnets and Command Strips.

Do not use adhesives such as tape or glue that will leave residue.

Over-the-door hanging organizers may only be used if they are fire retardant and do not damage the door. (Must hang inside the stateroom.)

No decorations of any kind on balconies.

No string lights of any kind.

Important: If decorations are deemed to be a fire hazard or unsafe, they will be removed.

We thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Carnival's new policy says that over the door shoe organizers cannot be hung over doors (to avoid door damage, I have command strip hooks) and must be flame retardant. I guess I'll just bring it. It is not natural fabric or plastic. Some sort of man made material.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

While I agree many of the items in our stateroom are not fire retardant, I also think sometimes we confuse fire retardant with fire proof. For example, the carpet is fire retardant but not fire proof.

I am not a door decorator but I do sympathize with those that do and are having to work within the rules. I have stated before and hold to my comment that this is a precursor to Carnival banning decorations placed by passengers.

Too many people are confusing "fire resistant" with "fire retardant". All over-the-door organizers, to one degree or another, are fire retardant. The only way one would be fire resistant is if it was made from steel or asbestos. And no, over-the-door organizers are NOT banned. The only other stipulation , besides being fire retardant, is that they can only be hung inside the cabin. This seems like an odd ruling. I've never seen one hanging on the outside of someone's cabin door.

I know no one really cares what I think but I for one think that is one of the silliest rules Carnival has ever made. Are their curtains, bedding, carpet fire retardant? Are your clothes hanging in the closet or thrown across the sofa/floor fire retardant? Seems it all came about when people were hanging them where it was doing damage to the doors/walls or whatever, so they banned them, reconsidered and now have this dumb stipulation. I too doubt that anyone really checks them. Right now I am waiting to hear complaints from passengers that this was an issue. Just sayin'. And NO I don't break the rules.

Totally agree. I understand damage to the door , but fire retardant?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I used a shoe holder on our last cruise in February on the Fascination and had no problems. I had it hanging on the outside of our bathroom door.

I believe its OK to hang the organizer on the interior closet doors, if someone could confirm this?

I believe its OK to hang the organizer on the interior closet doors, if someone could confirm this?

there is a rule it must be fire retardant and wont damage the door.

its interesting that no one seems to feel the need to follow this rule because they simply don't understand why the rule is in place.

That's what I thought was illegal because I heard it scratches up the door. Another Cruiser stated she has never seen it hung on the stateroom door, but that's not the problem, the problem is the potential to scratch up the cabins bathroom door.