Balconies on Royal

elycelynne

I know that the amount of sun or shade on the balconies of other Princess ships depends on deck location. Is it like that on the Royal as well? From looking at a picture of the ship they all seemed pretty uniform in that regard. Would I be correct?

I know that the amount of sun or shade on the balconies of other Princess ships depends on deck location. Is it like that on the Royal as well? From looking at a picture of the ship they all seemed pretty uniform in that regard. Would I be correct?
The design of the Royal and Regal is very different from most other Princess ships. The Royal's balconies are relatively narrow at just over 9'x4' so they're not very deep. They are covered. Sun or shade will depend on the time of day and direction the ship is sailing. The balconies beneath the two edges of the Skywalk are angled and larger. You can see these clearly on the deck plans.

The design of the Royal and Regal is very different from most other Princess ships. The Royal's balconies are relatively narrow at just over 9'x4' so they're not very deep. They are covered. Sun or shade will depend on the time of day and direction the ship is sailing. The balconies beneath the two edges of the Skywalk are angled and larger. You can see these clearly on the deck plans.

Although the balconies are very narrow they are as wide as the rooms which I believe are the same as all the other Princess ships.

We haven't traveled on other cruise lines for many years but I'm wondering if it's just the new Princess designs that have the minuscule balconies or have the other cruise lines done likewise?

Anyone know? :confused:

Most all ships have an assortment of sizes in balconies. Princess designs have small to extra large balconies on all the ships in their fleet that I have been on.

:D

You can view 3000+ photos of the Regal from a sticky at the top of this forum:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/regal-princess-679/

Here's a link to a 360° view of what most balconies look like:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/regal-princess-679/balcony-cabin-100478/balcony-cabin--v24189/

Standard balconies on most other Princess ships is about 9'x5' and on Royal/Regal they're about 9'x4'. That's about 20% smaller however we still enjoyed it including having an Ultimate Balcony Dinner during sailaway from Barcelona. :)

Here's a link to a 360° view of what most balconies look like:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/regal-princess-679/balcony-cabin-100478/balcony-cabin--v24189/

Standard balconies on most other Princess ships is about 9'x5' and on Royal/Regal they're about 9'x4'. That's about 20% smaller however we still enjoyed it including having an Ultimate Balcony Dinner during sailaway from Barcelona. :)

This 360° gives a vary realistic view of the typical Royal balcony. That 1 foot difference makes a big difference in comfort level.

This 360° gives a vary realistic view of the typical Royal balcony. That 1 foot difference makes a big difference in comfort level.

I hesitated to post balcony info showing the size to avoid another debate if it was acceptable or not.

I usually add that while it was okay for me it's not okay for others. Both are subjective descriptions & the 360° view helps each passenger decide if it's acceptable to them or not.

The OP asked about shade so hopefully it gets back to that question. ;)