Transferring cruise

Gbnut1

We booked a cruise while on board and received all three perks. We kept the obc for the new cruise. Once home our booking came to our travel agent in the uk. We now want to change our cruise to a different ship. Do our perks move with us???? We have not paid in full yet. We are in the uk which aware is different to USA market with what we can and can't do.

Thanks Susan

I am in the US and my perks did not transfer. My OBC transferred, but, my perks changed to the current ones. Even though on board I was told they would transfer. I found a TA that added a perk for me, so it worked out that I didn't really lose anything.

We booked a cruise while on board and received all three perks. We kept the obc for the new cruise. Once home our booking came to our travel agent in the uk. We now want to change our cruise to a different ship. Do our perks move with us???? We have not paid in full yet. We are in the uk which aware is different to USA market with what we can and can't do.

Thanks Susan

The on board booking benefit will transfer but other perks are related to the cruise you take not the cruise you book.

Look at it this way someone could book the penthouse suite for a further cruise while on board and receive a $500 OBC, Premium drink package, prepaid gratuities and unlimited internet . Then at a later date switch to a four night Caribbean cruise, I don't think any reasonable person would expect the perks from the first cruise to transfer to the second cruise. :)

The on board booking benefit will transfer but other perks are related to the cruise you take not the cruise you book.

Look at it this way someone could book the penthouse suite for a further cruise while on board and receive a $500 OBC, Premium drink package, prepaid gratuities and unlimited internet . Then at a later date switch to a four night Caribbean cruise, I don't think any reasonable person would expect the perks from the first cruise to transfer to the second cruise. :)

Yes, this makes sense. In my situation, I kept the same itinerary (15 night Panama Canal), same ship, just a different date.

Yes, this makes sense. In my situation, I kept the same itinerary (15 night Panama Canal), same ship, just a different date.

We are in a similar situation, we booked the Australia & NZ cruise for Feb 2017 while on the Silhouette last June, now want to transfer to the same cruise, but for Feb 2018. At that time we got three perks under the then 123GO promo.

As of now the perks are being offered only on sailing up to April 2017, for sailings beyond that date you get only one perk. How do I rebook and still keep my three perks? Do I wait till April and see if the date is extended beyond April 2017? Confused:confused:

Thanks for your replays. Travel agent has sorted with celebrity and all perks have been transferred.

Was the cruise that you transferred to still prior to April 2017?

We are in a similar situation, we booked the Australia & NZ cruise for Feb 2017 while on the Silhouette last June, now want to transfer to the same cruise, but for Feb 2018. At that time we got three perks under the then 123GO promo.

As of now the perks are being offered only on sailing up to April 2017, for sailings beyond that date you get only one perk. How do I rebook and still keep my three perks? Do I wait till April and see if the date is extended beyond April 2017? Confused:confused:

Depending on the above answer, this could be the deciding factor ;). If the OP's cruise is prior to April 2017, and not a TA, then they would keep all the perks because the OBC would be for booking onboard, together with the current 2 perk offer ;).

I'm not booking for next year until the 'new' offers are available. At the moment, they're far too expensive, with little booking incentive.

Edited by villauk

Yes, this scenario is one approach. In my case, I wanted a specific room so chose not to wait. My booking was switched from April 2017 to October 2017.

Depending on the above answer, this could be the deciding factor ;). If the OP's cruise is prior to April 2017, and not a TA, then they would keep all the perks because the OBC would be for booking onboard, together with the current 2 perk offer ;).

Our current booking is for Feb 5, 2017, we want to transfer it to the Feb 3, 2018 sailing. The booking is now with our TA, so need to get them to call Celebrity and check.

Yes, this scenario is one approach. In my case, I wanted a specific room so chose not to wait. My booking was switched from April 2017 to October 2017.

We have also booked the June 4, 2017 British Isles sailing for the same reason since we need 3 hump cabins, got just the one perk. But hope to rebook when on the Equinox in May and try and get the same cabins. This worked for our 2016 Baltcs cruise, we got to keep the old cabins:)

Edited by prish