2 Questions - puddle-jumpers in pools and cabin decorations

mapsmom

We are traveling with 2 toddlers on the Glory. Are they allowed to wear puddle jumpers (like a pair of water wings) in the pool? Also, I wanted to order the Cat in the Hat cabin decor. Will the staff set it up for you - this way it is a surprise when they open the cabin door.

We are traveling with 2 toddlers on the Glory. Are they allowed to wear puddle jumpers (like a pair of water wings) in the pool? Also, I wanted to order the Cat in the Hat cabin decor. Will the staff set it up for you - this way it is a surprise when they open the cabin door.

Are they toilet trained? If yes, then yes. Cannot wear diaper into pool. If you order through BV the staff will put them up.

I'm not sure what you mean by someone holding them.

Most cruise lines do not allow kids to wear swim diapers in the pools, so if they're not potty trained, they cannot go in the pool. Something about the filtration and it's actually some sort of board of health thing.

My daughter is 3 and is potty trained, she still uses puddle jumpers at home but we aren't bringing them.

Thanks for your responses! So - if someone holds the kids, would that work do you think? They love the water, and there are a lot of us adults. Or am I over-reaching here?

if they are still in diapers... I highly recommend you don't.

first its against the rules and they will eventually stop you

also - I am betting you will get many people that will let you know they rules real fast.

simple answer - it will not work

From another thread you say ages 3 and 1. I'm going to assume the 1 year old isn't potty trained and possible that the 3 year old isn't either so no they would not be able to go into the pools on the ship. But you can always take them to the beach while in port.

The biggest thing is being potty trained. I am actually surprised no one has mentioned this yet.... but if you were to decide to for go the suggestions here (again its just the potty training thing here) and any of the staff see a kid in a diaper (even swimming ones) they will almost immediately close the pool, drain it and clean it. I have seen it happen and other have also stated seeing the same thing. So don't be that guy.

Now if they happen to be potty trained then I have seen kids with little water wings before no one seemed to care too much. Also most the pools have a kinda wading / overflow that is less than a few inches they could potentially splash around in.

No diapers, no swim diapers allowed.

As far as "water wings" - are they the inflatable ones that go around the child's upper arm? I'm surprised they are still marketed.

If a child puts both arms over his/her head, they will float, but their head will probably be under the water. If their feet can't touch bottom, they won't have any way of getting their head above the water level. In a crowded pool, a child may appear safe because you'll see their arms, but they could be taking on water.

Those vest type flotation may be a better choice. At least that's what my grandkids wore before they learned how to swim.

Look at the deck plans for your ship. I can't remember which ship(s), but I've see toddler play areas with a shallow wading pool and a few chairs and some big toys. It was on the outside edge, near the front of the boat, not near the big pools on Lido. Pretty sure Conquest had one.

The water wings/puddle jumpers aren't a problem -- Carnival doesn't allow rafts, big rings or other inflatables that can bump into other guests or hog all the space, in or out of the pool.

While they're not life-saving devices, with two little ones... flotation is still a good idea, as the older one might be tempted to dash ahead. Some will recommend having the flotation vest on any time you're out on the pool deck. Pre-schoolers are lighting fast!