Royal Caribbean International Express Notification Alert!

Hi folks

I received an email this morning from Royal Caribbean - at least I think it was from them. The heading was Royal 'Caribbean International Express Notification Alerts', At the top it had a link to click on to acknowledge receipt of the message, which I'm now a bit suspect about. This was the content of the email:-

*Hello, this is Royal Caribbean International, we are writing to provide you with important information regarding your upcoming sailing onboard Ovation of the Seas.

Due to a recent enhancement to our Online Check-in, we invite you to visit us at http://www.royalcaribbean.com/onlinecheckin today to complete the new sections that will expedite your boarding process.

IMPORTANT: For those that already completed Online Check-in, please complete the new sections and REPRINT your new SetSail Pass.

To ensure a smooth and expedited check-in and boarding process, please arrive at the pier within your selected appointment time frame with your printed Set Sail Pass.

Once at the pier you will:

1. Drop off your luggage with one of the porters outside of the terminal

2. Upon entering the terminal you will be directed to one of our check-in agents

3. Present the completed SetSail Pass for each of the guests in your party

4. Proceed to board Ovation of the Seas (if boarding is already underway)

Thank you for your attention to this matter and we look forward to welcoming you onboard the Ovation of the Seas*

It had the Royal Caribbean logo at the bottom, but for some reason I'm a bit wary. My online check-is all completed and I can't see any other requests when I log in.

Has anyone else ever had an email like this? Should I perhaps give them a phone to check all's ok. I've also put this in my roll call.

Many thanks in advance.

This is about allowing / requiring you to upload a photo of yourself ahead of time.

Does this photo have to be the same as your passport/id card or is this to replace the photo that is made on embarking for the sea pass card?

Have come across this for first time on check in docs for our Harmony cruise in May, would be grateful for further info .

Does this photo have to be the same as your passport/id card or is this to replace the photo that is made on embarking for the sea pass card?

Have come across this for first time on check in docs for our Harmony cruise in May, would be grateful for further info .

As a safe bet, I would expect it to be the same size as your passport photo.

It's legit I think - I'm on Ovation on the 14th April and had completed the 'old' style check in a couple weeks ago... last week we re-did it as it had changed to 'new style' where you upload a photo.

The photo does indeed replace the one taken before boarding. It just needs to be relatively recent with a plainish background.

I too got this email, regarding the photos, are there stipulations, such as forward facing, smile etc. Do you need take new ones or can you use ones you have used before for say your train pass.

You can use ones you have used before as long as they have the plain background, etc.