Fort Lauderdale Water Shuttle.

BlueHerons

There is a new game in town to give the Water Taxi people some competition and it is the Water Shuttle.

It's run by the same people who run Riverfront Cruises (just down from Briny Pub) and the free Water Trolley people. http://www.fortlauderdalesightseeingcruise.com/

I can't find a website but I did see their boats out this weekend and they are pink.

$18 for adults versus $26 on the water taxi.

Same stops, same idea.

If anyone finds a website, please post.

• 5 months later...
Water Shuttle has groupon for 12/day. Is this a good deal, or is water taxi better? It seems like water shuttle doesn't have as many stops as water taxi. Please share your experience.

Thanks,

They have the same stops just a few less boats however it is off season.

The groupon is either for 1 per person or 5. I guess I should wait for the water taxi group on then. Thanks to all that replied.

Biris

When will you be staying here? The water taxi groupon will end in the next couple of weeks. It ends in October and starts up again in early summer.

I didn't know about the timing for water taxi groupon even though that it makes sense that they sell groupons for off season. We'll be there the week of Thanksgiving. Is this ok to buy groupon for water shuttle then? Do we have to wait longer for the water shuttle?

Thanks,

Biris

Edited by Biris

There are currently three water taxi services in operation. One is free (donations welcome) and the other two are commercial competitors. They operate in similar fashion but differ in terms of cost, timetable, routes and boats. One calls itself a Water Trolley, one is a Water Taxi and the other is a Water Shuttle! All three share the same designated stop locations.

From a tourist point of view the stops and schedule are most important because many visitors plan their stays and activities around the boat transfers. They book hotels within walking distance of the stops in order to visit restaurants and other attractions without driving and parking hassles.

Here is a longer comparison with images of the 3 services.

When will you be staying here? The water taxi groupon will end in the next couple of weeks. It ends in October and starts up again in early summer.

You had me a little nervous there. I did the groupon and my tickets are good thru Nov. 15. We will be using them on Nov. 11th. Had to pull out the paper ticket I printed and make sure I didn't mess up. Got them for $13 pp.

We have done the water taxi many many times. May have to check out the competition the next time. Guess whichever company runs the best deal!!