Live from Liberty of the Seas (March 27, 2016 sailing)

Following along thanks for updates.

Only question I have is how far along is the Galveston Terminal? Is it updated yet or are they still using like tents?

Thanks

From ssb:

Word is "by" May 1st . Hope your timing is right !

Maybe if you don't catch it on embarkation , you will on disembarkation.

I anticipate getting of the ship is going to be "fun". :rolleyes:

Looks like this thread did not stay LIVE. No word from the OP in days. I too was interested in the experience I have 2 cruises in the next 8 months on this ship. The July cruise we have the new Large Pano Oceanview room (1864) on deck 12. Based on what we saw on Navigator this is our new Favorite room that is not a suite. Happily gave up a balcony for this huge room with a great view.

It's true, port visits do totally tire ya out! A bad sunburn isn't helping matters any... Here is my update from last night though!

Still loving the food compared to Carnival. So many veg options in windjammer i love it. Zucchini corn salad, very fresh and light.

Mango citrus salad with mezclun/baby greens - also light and delicious. I tend to avoid mixed salads with creamy dressings at buffets, so these were welcome alternatives for getting some vegetables while minimizing hidden calories. Very happy with the vegetable/variety in Windjammer today, from the aforementioned greens to mild curry lentils, sauteed squash and more. Bread pudding is way too good, too. That has been my guilty pleasure this cruise.

MDR food was great last night, nice simple spinach salad and the sole was very balanced even if a little light on veg (two stalks of asparagus seems kind of chintzy to me). Tonight (last night -ed) was kind of terrible, however -- our preferred waiter Charles' section was overbooked and dinner took twice as long elsewhere in the dining room (about two hours). However, part of the delay for us was because the first lobster I was served had gone off -- just really gross and mushy. The second lobster tail was better but quite small. Tbh I would rather not do more than one formal night on a seven-day cruise but sis wanted her lobster tail. After two hot, sweaty days wandering around ports I was fine with room service and a few hours of Parks and Rec (!!) and Brooklyn 99 in Spanish and Portuguese, but no luck. Getting a bad sunburn after a short(!) walk on the main deck yesterday killed my energy levels for about 36 hours. I didn't think we were up there long enough to get the kind of exposure we did. Still kicking myself obvs for not slathering on the sunscreen. Next cruise I want to go somewhere where it is not almost 90 and humid, we get enough of that heat in Texas anyway!

Have had some minor issues here and there...coffee quality is not uniform and twice now in MDR after-dinner coffee was very watery and unappetizing. Also the hot water in our room seems to be alternating hot and barely tepid from night to night. It's not been cold enough to call maintenance, just another mild annoyance. I'm in the denial phase of the cruise I think where tepid water is better than the thought that our trip ends in two days, so...mild annoyances I can live with.

Will try to post again later night after the quest, I was told that can't be missed?

Will try to post again later night after the quest, I was told that can't be missed?

Sorry about the sunburn and a few other issues.

Yes IMHO the Quest is a hoot!

Have you seen anyone working on the Tidal Wave?

Bittersweet last day onboard...I was a bit seasick/nauseous after breakfast and chilled in the room. Finally feeling better thankfully. My sister went to the promenade deck after breakfast and said the merch sales were a bit like Black Friday - a madhouse!

We are traveling at a good clip back to Galveston - about 20kts against a 50kt wind atm. It's fairly chilly -- good time for robes. Had to come in off the balcony before my tablet got covered with a thicker layer of sea spray! On deck 6 we are getting consistent spray from the waves and many rattles. Still worth it tho :D The lower decks were closed earlier this morning because of the water/waves. The sun is out finally and perhaps the water will calm down a bit later this afternoon. Right now we're bobbing and weaving!

Thank you to those who have suggested reserving mattress toppers prior to the cruise; we did that and they made the hard beds tolerable.

Back to our little corner of the seas...

Edited by woollife

But..the question of the day is..,,,,.

Is the tidal wave open?

Oh...and whatvabout the rumor that the coke Freestyle Machines were installed..:D

Yes please tell! I'm not a drinker of the adult beverage kind...but ohhhh what I would do for an ice cold Coke zero or better yet cherry coke zero and we just booked liberty for August 2017!:D

I'm just off the ship today and they do not have the freestyle machines. We were told the design is flawed and they were leaking syrup which drew flies and caused a huge mess.

So the machines are still planned for Liberty, just delayed?

Have you seen anyone working on the Tidal Wave?

There was still a team "working" on it last week. They all wear orange and red worksuits so they are very noticeable. While at the Flowrider I would see the whole pack walk up the back stairs next to the Flowrider from deck 12 up to the area behind the diamond lounge, which seems to be their work area, and then about 20 minutes later they would all walk back down together. Never saw any work being done on the actual slide, just lots of walking back and forth in a pack. We joked that the Minions were the new characters on RCCL. On port days I did hear some work-like noises from their area, but never saw anything being done to the slide itself.

There was still a team "working" on it last week. They all wear orange and red worksuits so they are very noticeable. While at the Flowrider I would see the whole pack walk up the back stairs next to the Flowrider from deck 12 up to the area behind the diamond lounge, which seems to be their work area, and then about 20 minutes later they would all walk back down together. Never saw any work being done on the actual slide, just lots of walking back and forth in a pack. We joked that the Minions were the new characters on RCCL. On port days I did hear some work-like noises from their area, but never saw anything being done to the slide itself.

Thank you for provide this info. I called Royal Customer Service and they said it was scheduled to be operational for the April 17 sailing. Another CC member who was on Liberty last week posted last night that the Activities Director claimed it would be another 4-5 weeks. :rolleyes:

Edited by WilsonFamilyNRH