Bringing soda onboard?

tampadee

Can I bring Diet Coke onboard without a problem?

You can bring anything (SEALED) you want on the ship minus liquor. Security are the ones who are the ones looking, not NCL. Been on 5 cruises, never once did anyone say no to soda.

Can I bring Diet Coke onboard without a problem?

We bring on a big duffel bag of bottles of Diet Coke.

(The bottles can be re-capped, and won't spill, and we hate that metallic taste.)

Security would be concerned about "security issues", but there isn't any volume limit such as the 3oz/qt sized ziplock as with airports.

NCL will also care about whether it is alcoholic, so they'll look for sealed containers.

At most ports, you can leave the box/case/bag of sealed soft drinks (or water or juice) with your luggage.

Just attach a regular luggage tag if you aren't carrying it yourself.

We forgot to count to see if any of them were missing or perhaps one had arbitrarily been opened to check the contents (?), because ours were loose in the bag.

(Yes, we had to wait a few hours before we dared to open any of them, after all of the jostling!)

Same applies to water but be prepared to carry it on the ship before stocking up. Have had the cases refused as checked baggage and had to carry them with me on the ship until cabin was ready

Edited by Ex-Calgarian

Like the last 2 years, our plan is to pickup 4 or 5 one-liter sized bottled soda (Sprite & Ginger Ale, also good for motion sickness & upset stomach) - no waste & keep the unused portion inside the mini-cooler box, easy to fit (unlike the 2 liters) - we don't bring the cans nor need to bring much, take into consideration the planned port stops. Sometimes, we will go ashore & pickup some extras if needed, cheaper than ship prices by the can (nowadays, only by the glass w. lots of ice :rolleyes:)

Packed them inside a soft & insulated cooler bag - for a bit of padded protection - in the checked luggage turn it over to the porter on the pier during check in - has yet to be called to the naughty room all these years for an inspection.

Edited by mking8288

whats funny is, my friends dad only drinks a specific kind of iced tea and they loaded up a back pack with water bottles they filled at home. i passed security before them and was watching the security screen, it was so busy, they just let them through and didnt care yet noticed it 100%.

so it all depends, anything can get through if you get the right person.

I was just going to ask if we could bring bottles instead of cans.

Yup... and we like sparkling water, so we bring bottles of that on board, too...

always the type where the top can be screwed back on (not the type that needs a bottle opener - the point being we [er, I] won't spill it).

But there IS a difference so we bring much more of the Diet Coke.

After all, if necessary, we *can* purchase sparkling water on board.

However, on NCL, we just cannot purchase any Coca Cola products.