Price drop - what do I do??

cocosmum

Booked for Eastern Caribbean cruise on Glory departing Miami 14 May.

Since we booked last year, I notice that the price has dropped by about $300. I am unable to see anything about the 'lowest price' guarantee on my booking. Does everyone automatically get this or do you need to apply to Carnival??

Or - do we just miss out??

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

If you're before final payment call Carnival or your TA. If your after final payment your rate can be adjusted if you've booked Early Saver.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Also if early saver make sure you compare category for category. There's a couple great offers now, but only for guarantees. You'd lose your room. For $300 if location doesn't matter I'd take a shot at a guarantee

Thanks everyone.

I booked this myself online back in August 2015.

My booking doesn't say 'early saver' anywhere - I think we took the past guest deal at the time so maybe we don't qualify for an OBC or refund??

I have TRIED and TRIED to find a contact number for Carnival that I can call from New Zealand. There are 1-800 numbers on their web site but all sound as if they are disconnected when I call. Have tried replying to emails which they have sent (asking for the final payment, updates etc.) but they all come back to me as "unable to deliver"

Google searched and found an 'international reservation' email address - again that came back undelivered!! Very frustrating. Am I missing something here??

I just want to be able to have a conversation with a Carnival rep to find out what, if anything, I can claim back due to the price drops.

Any help would be really appreciated - thanks.

How did you call? Many toll-free numbers won't accept foreign tolls. Could try calling thru Skype, though calling a landline might cost a bit.

Edited by SadieN

I just did it today...there is an online form called something like "price protection form".

Price Protection Form

To submit a Price Protection request, please complete the claim form below. We'll

review your claim within two business days and if it meets the Price Protection ...

http://www.carnival.com/core/requestforms/priceprotection.aspx[/i]

I just did it today...there is an online form called something like "price protection form".

Price Protection Form

To submit a Price Protection request, please complete the claim form below. We'll

review your claim within two business days and if it meets the Price Protection ...

http://www.carnival.com/core/requestforms/priceprotection.aspx[/i]

Keep checking back. I know when I have put them in they are sometimes approved in a matter of hours. Good luck!!!

Hope it's okay if I tag on and ask a similar question.....I've booked early saver with 50% reduced deposit ($150) for November. There is a $90 price drop now but no reduced deposit. If i claim a price reduction does that mean I have to also pay the rest of the deposit to make it a full deposit, do I keep my assigned cabin? This is only my 2nd Carnival cruise so I'm not sure exactly how it works.

You will have to pay the full deposit. I had a price reduction last month and it showed that I owed the other half of my deposit. It was the week my final payment was due, so I just paid it off.

Hope it's okay if I tag on and ask a similar question.....I've booked early saver with 50% reduced deposit ($150) for November. There is a $90 price drop now but no reduced deposit. If i claim a price reduction does that mean I have to also pay the rest of the deposit to make it a full deposit, do I keep my assigned cabin? This is only my 2nd Carnival cruise so I'm not sure exactly how it works.

You won't keep your cabin if you are matching to a guarantee rate (where Carnival assigns you a cabin). If the cheaper price is a chose your own cabin, you will keep your cabin.

Keep checking back. I know when I have put them in they are sometimes approved in a matter of hours. Good luck!!!

My price drop was $250...I jumped on it. It was approved and I received via email my new itinerary about 4 hours later. I had paid full deposit, so the price was just adjusted, and I will just pay my final payment in a few weeks. I thought of it like...saves money towards my tips and/or now I will get the Cheers program with the money I saved. Smile.