Thinking About an Upgrade. On LOTs

So just booked our first Aft Balcony Cabin, it was only $60/pp more than entry level Balcony - so we were thrilled to get the deck 9 cabin as it's something we've always wanted to try.

BUT... There is a suite Guarantee offer out there for another $75/pp.

Guessing we'd probably end up in a Junior suite as that's all that appears to be available (other than the owner's suite). Some of the possible locations look great, others not so much.

Are the suite perks (including extra points) applicable to guarantee and/or Junior suites?

Would you give up the aft for a JS?

We have been offered an upgrade today from a balcony on deck 10 (Ovation )to a Spa Junior for $574. Is this worth it , what would we get extra and would we still get our drink package included in our original purchase. Also would we have a choice of location before agreeing ? ?

We have been offered an upgrade today from a balcony on deck 10 (Ovation )to a Spa Junior for $574. Is this worth it , what would we get extra and would we still get our drink package included in our original purchase. Also would we have a choice of location before agreeing ? ?

If this is a 7-day cruise, it's on the edge of being worth it to me. With regard to your drink package and location of the stateroom, you should confirm this with whoever is making the offer before you accept.

If this is a 7-day cruise, it's on the edge of being worth it to me. With regard to your drink package and location of the stateroom, you should confirm this with whoever is making the offer before you accept.

Thanks Bob, yes its 7 days. I got an email direct from RCI this morning (as I booked direct). What perks do you get with a suite of this kind ?

Double points are applicable to a suite guarantee.

If this is a 7-day cruise, I'd jump at the chance to upgrade to a JS for $150 total.

I agree with Bob and I have heard of people with suite guarantees frequently getting higher than JS. It happens! (I've never booked with a suite guarantee)

Thanks Bob, yes its 7 days. I got an email direct from RCI this morning (as I booked direct). What perks do you get with a suite of this kind ?

JS Perks:

Bathtub, walk-in closet priority check-in and boarding, tea kettle, coffee maker, bathroom amenities, robes, double C&A points, and a silver Seapass card.

Double points are applicable to a suite guarantee.

If this is a 7-day cruise, I'd jump at the chance to upgrade to a JS for $150 total.

It is a 7 day and it's very tempting especially since the TA would be throwing In dinner for two at any specialty restaurant, but we are sticklers for the location we like .. We have this room on Liberty now.....

Great problem to have, I guess.

JS Perks:

Bathtub, walk-in closet priority check-in and boarding, tea kettle, coffee maker, bathroom amenities, robes, double C&A points, and a silver Seapass card.

Thanks, they have just told me all the spa suites have now gone, but I could have a family junior suite, which is bigger for the same price, still midship and on deck 10 ?

It is a 7 day and it's very tempting especially since the TA would be throwing In dinner for two at any specialty restaurant, but we are sticklers for the location we like .. We have this room on Liberty now.....

Great problem to have, I guess.

I'm getting "video unavailable".

However, I do understand that the aft location is very enjoyable for some people, and that changes the "worth it" equation.:)

Not a fan of the aft cabins on Freedom class ships. (Too much super structure).

I would jump on the JS upgrade for sure.

Now on Radiance class, we do love the aft cabins and I have 9256 for B2B

in Alaska....with "no upgrade" set up on my profile. ;)

JS Perks:

All rooms except suites have sold out. They have lots of FJS available, is there any mileage in asking for a lower price as what they are asking for would equate the same total as a GTY suite ?

All rooms except suites have sold out. They have lots of FJS available, is there any mileage in asking for a lower price as what they are asking for would equate the same total as a GTY suite ?

Won't hurt to ask, but I'd not expect anything. However, if you do call, I'd try Crown & Anchor.

Got the call yesterday for JS at $500 we keep any booking perks but no double points, we refused....

Im thinking the same, for nearly $600 all we would really is a bit more space, not sure its worth it.:confused:

Oh so cant you use Coastal kitchen, is it worth it then for just the space ?

i'm pretty sure that starting in may, junior suites (of all types - JS, SJS, FJS, etc) can have dinner in coastal kitchen. it's part of the new suite perks.

i really like the aft balconies, but the JS balconies are big too, even those on the side, at least on the newer ships (i've only been on freedom class and newer). i'd probably take the upgrade from balcony to JS for a few hundred bucks, and definitely for $150.

We have decided not to take the upgrade offer, we will use the money to upgrade our drinks package and book the 3 day speciality restaurants :)

The $600 would have been too much for me too.

Oh so cant you use Coastal kitchen, is it worth it then for just the space ?

I believe Coastal Kitchen is available to Junior 'Balcony' Suites on Ovation. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

I did say if the price of the upgrade went down we would consider it but she didn't even reply, charming ha :)

You never know, that might stick in their mind, and you may get anither call.