Millennium Celebrity Suite Question

Lane412000

Hello....I am unable to determine whether the Celebrity Suites on the Millennium have a veranda. I have looked at reviews and no mention of a veranda, but floor to ceiling windows and the cabin diagrams do not show a veranda. But, I have pictures of what is labeled as a Celebrity Suite and it appears to be a veranda on the photo.

Appreciate any help.....thanks

The original Celebrity Suites did not have a verandah. Verandahs were added during a major dry dock a fee years ago. So some floor plans and images show the original configuration but they are outdated. It's a fantastic suite, my favorite, because of the curved floor to ceiling windows and full dining table, with a separate bed room and a windowed bathroom.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

squidward - how is the veranda accessed? I am unable to determine based on the diagrams I am viewing? It appears the floor to ceiling windows are in the middle of the cabin, so I assume veranda access is from either side of these windows although I do not see a door heading out.

They are sort of an oversized veranda cabin. Yes they have a veranda.

This description is way off, they are in no way an oversized verandah cabin.

IMHO, a sky suite is comparable to what the above poster is stating.

A regular verandah cabin on the Millennium is 171 sq ft room with a 38 sq ft. balcony.

A Celebrity Suite is 467 sq ft. with a dining table, a separate bedroom, walk-in closet and a balcony of 85 sq. ft.

Originally these suites had a wall of glass in lieu of a balcony.

During drydocks a number of years ago, balconies were added to all Celebrity Suites on the M class ships.

It's a very comfortable cabin, especially if you like sleeping in a very dark room, as there is no window in the bedroom.

Do a web search and you can find some video of what the cabin is like. There is a great video on Youtube of a Celebrity Suite on the Constellation, which is the same as the Millennium.

Edited by CruisersTimesThree

Thanks to everyone who posted responses and suggestions, ideas etc to my original question

Just a little word of warning, the bathtub is really high and the shower is in it. As long as you are not small or have any mobility problems it will not be an issue. As others have said, the living space is great....

To add to what others have said:

The bathtub is not only high, because it is a whirlpool tub the edge is wider than standard suite tubs. There is also a double sink in the bathroom which does not leave very much floor space for you to step out of the tub onto the floor, or vice a versa. Ask for a non slip mat for the tub for better footing.

The bedroom is very dark, bring a night light to plug into the vanity, which is in the closet between the 2 hanging rods, so you can see if you get up in the night. The bathroom has a night light in it.

The veranda is wide but narrow, no dining table out there. The door swings out and is heavy. especially in high winds. The view from the cabin is panoramic. It was great on the Canada/New England cruise and we are looking forward to it in Alaska.

There is a dining table in the living area.

It is much bigger than a standard veranda cabin.