Just off of Carnival Victory

snowwather

We're on Victory on May 9, and just received this email from Carnival:

"The Carnival Victory will be undergoing a beautification project to enhance our staterooms. Since we will need a little extra time to load supplies, we will now be departing Port Canaveral at 6:00 PM. Check-in for your cruise will begin at 1:30 PM and end at 4:30 PM. In addition, we will return to Port Canaveral at 6:00 AM. Our itinerary will remain as scheduled."

Does anyone know what the "beautification project" is??

We did the Behind the Fun Tour on our March 24 cruise. On deck 0, there were workers cutting carpet. Our tour guide asked where the carpet was going and they said it was for the cabins. So my guess is that they will be loading new carpet and offloading the old stuff.

The new carpet looked nice - a lighter color than the orange stuff that is in the cabins now and had some pink in it that could tie in with the pink bathrooms. :)

We're on Victory on May 9, and just received this email from Carnival:

"The Carnival Victory will be undergoing a beautification project to enhance our staterooms. Since we will need a little extra time to load supplies, we will now be departing Port Canaveral at 6:00 PM. Check-in for your cruise will begin at 1:30 PM and end at 4:30 PM. In addition, we will return to Port Canaveral at 6:00 AM. Our itinerary will remain as scheduled."

Does anyone know what the "beautification project" is??

I heard that they are blocking off sections of staterooms to update them with new carpet, TVs, bathrooms, etc to make them more modern. Hopefully my room in July will be updated!! :)

I'm cruising on the Victory on May 5th and got the same email. Someone on another site was wondering if it might be to replace the t.v.s with new flatscreens. Not sure if this is true or not.

We're doing a B2B cruise May 5 and May 9.

We got this e-mail as well and also a gratis upgrade to Balcony from Ocean view because the OV cabins were being "BEAUTIFIED":D

Hoping for a Meet and Greet but it's harder on shorter cruises...Check out the Roll Calls for your cruise!

Mike and Wendy

• 4 weeks later...

Anybody has an update/news about that beautification?

Not gonna lie to you... Going on a cruise 5 months from now and would not hate having an updated room. :P

Edited by La_Souris

• 1 month later...
What else can you tell me about the fire?? My DH and I were on the Triumph with the fire, if I had been woken up at 5 am for another one, it may be the end of cruising for me! [emoji26]

Not sure if you ever got an answer, as I don't see one.

The unfortunate part is, most often during a fire on a ship, the captain WILL have to get on the PA system and all the light sleepers will end up waking up. There are many reasons behind this like Maritime Law, Carnival's strive to ensure that another disaster doesn't happen, etc.

You would think that maybe they can just use their Walkie Talkie's and not have to wake everyone up but I think I would prefer they get on the PA than risk not reaching out to anyone who doesn't have their handhelds with them.

Ok I have a question and I'm sure this forum is the perfect place to ask it. My wife and I just got back from the victory 4 day Bahamas cruise. It was our fourth year in a row for cruising. Now we are back to work, home, kids, and all the other real world stuff :-( so how do you guys deal with the post cruise blues? We book our trip and look forward to it for so long, then it seems to go by so fast. Now all we have is some great pictures to remind us....until next year hopefully. I know some of you cruise a lot, so what's the remedy for us?? Thanks

YESSS. Thus us so what I am going through. Thus was my first cruise. I am so hooked now. I dream of cruising. Seriously 3-4 times this week I dreamed of a cruise. I have a friend that goes 3-4 times a year, now I know why. You are so relaxed and can do just as you want, No worries.

• 1 month later...

is there any kind of Champagne Bar on Victory? If not, are there any bars with that kind of atmosphere as the Champagne Bars on Celebrity and Royal? We are thinking of getting the Cheers package - are their any restrictions on Champagne (besides the $50 limit)?

is there any kind of Champagne Bar on Victory? If not, are there any bars with that kind of atmosphere as the Champagne Bars on Celebrity and Royal? We are thinking of getting the Cheers package - are their any restrictions on Champagne (besides the $50 limit)?

I really enjoyed the Alchemy Bar. It serves specialty cocktails though, not wine. I did a review of it here: http://susancrow.blogspot.com/2016/04/carnivals-alchemy-bar.html

Is this now standard? An additional $20 charge for lobster in the MDR?

It was standard on this cruise. My first cruise, steak and lobster were free but now I think you have to pay for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this now standard? An additional $20 charge for lobster in the MDR?

Yes, it's the standard. They still have lobster on Elegant Night on the longer cruises but not the short ones. You can buy steak or lobster any night in the dining room for $20. Here's a link to the Carnival website about it: https://www.carnival.com/cruise-food/steakhouse-selections

Yes, it's the standard. They still have lobster on Elegant Night on the longer cruises but not the short ones. You can buy steak or lobster any night in the dining room for $20. Here's a link to the Carnival website about it: https://www.carnival.com/cruise-food/steakhouse-selections

Okay; now I think I understand. You can spend $20 for lobster when it's not a regular offering, but on elegant night on longer cruises they will still serve lobster without an additional charge. And am I right that you can still have as much lobster as you want on elegant night?

Okay; now I think I understand. You can spend $20 for lobster when it's not a regular offering, but on elegant night on longer cruises they will still serve lobster without an additional charge. And am I right that you can still have as much lobster as you want on elegant night?

No they're saying its $20 lobster (or steak) any night, including elegant night. You can order as much as you want at $20 an order. I remember it used to being free but I don't think that's the case anymore

No they're saying its $20 lobster (or steak) any night, including elegant night. You can order as much as you want at $20 an order. I remember it used to being free but I don't think that's the case anymore

Oh dear; I liked my free-lobster-on-elegant-night translation better. But I'm sure I won't lose any sleep over this, nor will I starve.

Oh dear; I liked my free-lobster-on-elegant-night translation better. But I'm sure I won't lose any sleep over this, nor will I starve.

I'm speaking from experience only though. Before our first cruise in 2010, we were told about the free lobster and steak and how you could order it multiple times. And I remember doing so. When we went again on carnival to key west (diverted from

Bahamas) I remember ordering the lobster and steak for free. We just went to the Bahamas this year and than was the first time we noticed we had to pay for it. Don't get me wrong it was great, but first time we had to pay. Still was superb.

Can anyone else chime in and confirm that across the board people now have to pay? Or is that only on certain ships?

It is one order for $20. Not unlimited.

correct, and from the photos that I have seen of this 20.00 lobster, it does not look like a large portion to me. No way, would I be paying 20.00 for that. Just me though. I am a little bit spoiled with regard to lobster, having grown up "down east":D JMO.