What happens if you miss your 5:00 dinner reservation?

cc418

I am new to cruising so forgive me if this is a lame question but we have booked a shore excursion on Nassau on our three day cruise on Enchantment of the Sea. It looks like the ship is docked 12 to midnight (if I read that right) but we probably won't be back on the ship before 5. Will they let you change the reservation to a later time for the one night or are they strict about the times?

Thanks

I am new to cruising so forgive me if this is a lame question but we have booked a shore excursion on Nassau on our three day cruise on Enchantment of the Sea. It looks like the ship is docked 12 to midnight (if I read that right) but we probably won't be back on the ship before 5. Will they let you change the reservation to a later time for the one night or are they strict about the times?

Thanks

If you are in traditional dining (fixed), then you cannot change your dining time. Your options would be Windjammer (buffet), Park Cafe, or a specialty restaurant.

If you are in My Time Dining, there's no problem, you can show up when you like.

Depends on whether you have My Time Dining or traditional dining. With MTD you may change the time as you need to. With traditonal dining you should be there on time as late comers do throw the wait staff. If you miss your seating use the opportunity to eat in the Windjammer buffet or one of the specialty restaurants.

Edited by luvscruising2007

I know it pertained to RC but it does answer for Carnival too, and probably a few other lines. If you have assigned dining, and you know you wont be there that night, inform your waiter and your table mates.

I would recommend that if you are out and about and on the island, instead of running back for a meal, eat on the island, find out what the locals eat, or simply understand the prices for an American type meal. If it doesn't jump out of the ocean- EVERY THING that is eaten, comes from the mainland, via ship.

When we have assigned dining, and we know we wont be there a certain night, we tell our waiter, and then we don't feel guilty about holding up everyone else.

Have a great cruise!

..........I would recommend that if you are out and about and on the island, instead of running back for a meal, eat on the island, find out what the locals eat, or simply understand the prices for an American type meal. If it doesn't jump out of the ocean- EVERY THING that is eaten, comes from the mainland, via ship.

Have a great cruise!

Agree about eating onshore, it's a great way to experience a culture.

But even seafood is loaded onshore, the ship isn't trawling while underway. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You can still go to the late seating even if you are on traditional dining. One of my cruises we had a large table and it was not full. There was a British lady and her mum that missed their early seating for whatever reason and since there was room, they were sat with us. I'd inform the head waiter if you know ahead of time, but it's not totally necessary. It would be helpful to the staff though if you did.

Or just go the buffet.

One thing I have always missed out on while at Nassau is the Fish Fry. They open late and the only time I could have went there was when we docked same time as you, noon till midnight, but didn't know about it that time. The other time we left too early, as they usually don't open till 1pm and the service is slow, or what they call island time.

Thanks

Strict or not - probably depends on how late you are. I'd ask them if you can eat later that day.

If you miss dinner, your options are (in random order)

1) buffet

2) room service

3) pay restaurant if tables available

If you miss your assigned dinner reservation, you are barred from dinner in the dining room for the rest of the cruise.:D😱

Edited by Treven