Star to Australia in January.

millymaid

Are you doing a trans-Pacific?

Look for flying fish, porpoise and LOTS of sea days. Check the night sky for the Southern Cross, make sure you're ready for your baptism by King Neptune, and enjoy yourselves!!

My Granny took me in 1974 to Fiji on a container ship, 2 weeks of sea days after leaving Long Beach. Spent 2 weeks in Fiji and a week in Hawaii as a break between flying from Nadi to Chicago. I will always remember that trip!

• 2 weeks later...
The Star is not in Australia in Jan 2017 so which cruise are you talking about??? The Star docks in Sydney on Feb 6 2017...

Well it would head here in January. Can't get here from pretty much anywhere in 6 days.

• 2 weeks later...

Heat 30C+; possibly extreme heat 35C+; but that depends on what you are used to.

On land; depending on where you visit; Flies and more flies.

Wherever you are there is an expectation that you will drink Fosters and/or Bundaberg Rum.

And, of course; Australians!!!

Mike the Kiwi

Can anyone help us planning for this cruise. Really don't know what to expect.:)

We are looking at a later cruise on the Star's 2017 Aussie/Asian tour, 18-day Singapore-Dubai Mar 9, but wanting to do it in 2018. When talking to a NCL senior cruise consultant, he said the 2017 version was a new cruise for the Star so he didn't have feedback for us, but I'm not sure if he meant the whole Jan-Mar tour, or just the one we were discussing.

We are looking at a later cruise on the Star's 2017 Aussie/Asian tour, 18-day Singapore-Dubai Mar 9, but wanting to do it in 2018. When talking to a NCL senior cruise consultant, he said the 2017 version was a new cruise for the Star so he didn't have feedback for us, but I'm not sure if he meant the whole Jan-Mar tour, or just the one we were discussing.

The whole tour from Rome back to Venice via Dubai; Singapore; Hong Kong; New Zealand and Australia is new starting later this year so don't expect anything for 2018/19 till much later in 2017 or even till 2018. I guess they will have to "see how it goes" before any discussion of another cruise like this one takes place.

Mike

The whole tour from Rome back to Venice via Dubai; Singapore; Hong Kong; New Zealand and Australia is new starting later this year so don't expect anything for 2018/19 till much later in 2017 or even till 2018. I guess they will have to "see how it goes" before any discussion of another cruise like this one takes place.

Mike

Thanks Mike. I was hoping my post would bring about some clarification. I set up an alert on another site to advise me if/when they schedule another sailing like 2017's, namely March, 2018.