Hurricane Wilma

TVMet

I just hope the Miracle is safe.... and it dosn't disrupt the plans to much,

my workmate Jerrymac is on it right now.

Good luck to all of you and keep safe

That's right (I forgot!) - he messaged me a couple of times over the past several weeks indicating he would be on there!!! (we sailed together a couple of cruises ago)... I hope they keep more distance between the ship and Wilma than they did when we were on her (avoiding Dennis) in early July!

Tom

Not sure if I'm doing this right but have a question. We're scheduled for the Glory leaving Port Canaveral on Sat. 10/22. Problem is we live in Palm Harbor FL (Clearwater/Tampa area). We do have Berkeley travel insurance. What happens if your city is expecting a storm hit - say Monday or Tuesday of the following week, if we cancel do we have any protection? Has anyone had a similar experience?

Ok I'm just a little worried because I very much doubt that if the storm hits miami that ne planes will be allowed to land and that means I might not even make it to America :( :( :( :( :( I'm flying in on Friday please someone comfort me

Ok I'm just a little worried because I very much doubt that if the storm hits miami that ne planes will be allowed to land and that means I might not even make it to America :( :( :( :( :( I'm flying in on Friday please someone comfort me

First time to this board. We are set for our first cruise ever...to cruise out of Galveston this Saturday...Cozumel and Playa del Carmen. Anyone know what Carnival might do if these ports are hit this week?

We'll be sailing cruising on the Elation out of Galveston this Saturday also. We're not supposed to be in Cozumel until Monday, and the hurricane is supposed to pass through on Friday night, I think, so Wilma should be far enough away that we can still make our ports. The cruise leaving today was going to Progreso and Vera Cruz according to the Carnival weather site. I wouldn't mind that either.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=227667

This is what Carnival has posted as of now :

Tropical Weather Update – October 17, 2005 4:30 PM

We are closely monitoring the progress of Tropical Storm Wilma. At Carnival, the safety and comfort of our guests and crew is our number one priority. We will navigate all of our ships at a safe distance from the storm at all times.

At this time, we have made the following storm-related itinerary changes:

Miami Departures

Imagination October 15 - This cruise will now visit Montego Bay (Mon.) and Nassau (Wed.).

Carnival Valor October 16 - This cruise will now visit San Juan (Tue.), St. Thomas (Wed.), St. Maarten (Thur.) and Nassau (Sat.).

Fascination October 17 - This cruise will now visit Key West (Tue.) and Nassau (Thur.).

Tampa Departures

Inspiration October 15 - This cruise will now visit Costa Maya (Mon.) and Cozumel (Tue.)

Carnival Miracle October 16 - This cruise will now visit Belize (Tue.), Cozumel (Wed.) and Progreso (Thur.).

Galveston Departures

Carnival Conquest October 16 - This cruise will now visit Costa Maya (Tue.), Cozumel (Wed.) and Progreso (Thur.)

Elation October 17 - This cruise will now visit Progreso (Wed.) and Veracruz (Thur.)

All of our other ships are operating the scheduled itineraries.

I am certain you will be fine flying into Miami on Friady. Now, our ship is supposed to dock in Miami on Monday. That may be a different story!

Hopefully that offers some comfort! Good luck on your cruise!

Looks like they have you going to Cozumel on Tuesday now.

Were you supposed to get there on Tuesday or Thursday ?

Heres what they are saying :

Tampa Departures

Inspiration October 15 - This cruise will now visit Costa Maya (Mon.) and Cozumel (Tue.)

Just filed a claim due to Rita. The ONLY way your plane flight is covered by insurance is if it is cancelled due to weather. Thank heavens our airport was closed due to Rita otherwise we would not be reimbursed. You must prove that the flight was not just cancelled but cancelled due to weather. I had to print articles regarding the closing because Continental would not provide documentation. Just be sure that you are signed up for email from your airlines and at least you will have that to prove a flight was cancelled. We had travelguard and they have been great. Not all policies cover the same thing unless you purchase within 7 or 14 days of final payment. Read the fine print and by all means call them now to ask questions or youwont be able to get through once it hits.

We're supposed to take our first ever cruise on the Valor Sun 10/23, and we're supposed to fly into FLL (from California) Saturday evening. My husband wonders if we'll make it to Texas and get stuck in DFW, or make it to Florida and then get evacuated!?!?!. I just hope this Wilma doesn't turn into a monster and wreck havoc on anyone or anything else! ENOUGH HURRICANES!!

I am sailing on the Conquest from Galveston on Sunday. My flight from Orlando to Houston was early Sunday morning. Concerned about the impact of Wilma, I changed my flight to Saturday and booked a hotel near the airport. Saturday will be a long, boring day, but hopefully this step will mean I do get to go on the cruise! Unfortunately travel insurance won't cover the unexpected hotel cost as a pro-active step to avoid a claim for a missed cruise!!

Go away Wilma!

Kahhli..

Could you please tell me how to find the CC Hurricane update page..I looked everywhere on their website..Thanks in advance.

Hi Inginegirl,

I'm not Kahhli but you will find it on their home page. It will say Itinery Changes or Weather Updates.

Not sure if I'm doing this right but have a question. We're scheduled for the Glory leaving Port Canaveral on Sat. 10/22. Problem is we live in Palm Harbor FL (Clearwater/Tampa area). We do have Berkeley travel insurance. What happens if your city is expecting a storm hit - say Monday or Tuesday of the following week, if we cancel do we have any protection? Has anyone had a similar experience?

I am looking into that as we speak, cuz I live in Ft Lauderdale. Almost all insurances say that if your house is hit and uninhabitable you are covered or if your common carrier prevents you to get there due to hurricanes (i.e. flooded roads--can't drive) you are ok. My problem is that my hubby works for the govt. and MAY be called in to work if we get hit. No coverage there. YIKES. :eek: I should of known better. Hopefully since it will be coming from the west and have to go over land to get to us, it will be nothing major for FLL. Also, someone asked jokingly if it was too late to get trip insurance, and from what I've seen, its not. 24 hours is all you need for most policies. Hope this helps

Leslie

10/24 IMAGINATION. Hurry up Wilma..blow through here and get it over with before the weekend!

I am supposed to leave this Thursday - 10-20 out of Tampa - do you think it will still go? we are on inspiration from tampa leaving thur going to cozumel on sat and back to tampa on monday.

You will go. The storm is not forecast to approach the mainland US until Sunday morning at the earliest. You might have issues returning to port on time, however, depending on Wilma's exact path.

Not only is Wilma poised to ruin my Legend cruise on 10/24, its also poised to ruin my wedding on 10/22.

It had the wole of the Gulf and Eastern Seaboards to hit and it has to choose that one little area.

Watch the cone, not the line. No one really knows wher ethis thing is going yet. Prepare for the worst and hoep for the best.

Keep in mind that thousands of people will be inconvenienced by a lot more than just altered wedding and cruise plans, wherever she hits.

Archived