Hotel pre cruise in Sydney

quandrea

Four Points by Sheraton in Darling Harbour - lovely hotel and well located. Right in the heart of things and lots to see and do there. Or the Holiday Inn in the Rocks area which is very near the terminal/ port and also well placed.

Darling Harbour is great for a first visit to Sydney but can also recommend the Rocks and Circular Quay.

It depends on what your budget is. If money is no object, I highly recommend the Park Hyatt (currently Sydney's most expensive hotel until the new 6 star Crown opens in 2019).

If you want a slight step down and desire a Circular Quay view (where the ship will dock), then I recommend the Intercontinental, Shangri La and the Four Seasons. All are excellent, though I like the Shangri La better (their Club rooms are nice and the lounge has amazing views).

Another step down is the Marriott or Holiday Inn - both are located close to Circular Quay. If you want something closer to the shopping area around Pitt St, then Swissotel and Hilton are good choices. Sheraton has good views over Hyde Park.

If you are on a budget with your large group, you might consider a serviced apartment. Adina has many properties in the CBD that are well priced and offer features like a kitchenette with the ability to cook modest meals.

Price wise, you are looking at:

Park Hyatt $1,000 AUD per night for the lowest category of rooms

Circular Quay 5 star hotels $300 AUD per night up

CBD shopping area hotels $250 AUD per night up

Serviced apartments $180 AUD per night up

I hope this helps.

It depends on what your budget is. If money is no object, I highly recommend the Park Hyatt (currently Sydney's most expensive hotel until the new 6 star Crown opens in 2019).

If you want a slight step down and desire a Circular Quay view (where the ship will dock), then I recommend the Intercontinental, Shangri La and the Four Seasons. All are excellent, though I like the Shangri La better (their Club rooms are nice and the lounge has amazing views).

Another step down is the Marriott or Holiday Inn - both are located close to Circular Quay. If you want something closer to the shopping area around Pitt St, then Swissotel and Hilton are good choices. Sheraton has good views over Hyde Park.

If you are on a budget with your large group, you might consider a serviced apartment. Adina has many properties in the CBD that are well priced and offer features like a kitchenette with the ability to cook modest meals.

Price wise, you are looking at:

Park Hyatt $1,000 AUD per night for the lowest category of rooms

Circular Quay 5 star hotels $300 AUD per night up

CBD shopping area hotels $250 AUD per night up

Serviced apartments $180 AUD per night up

I hope this helps.

This does help. Some of the fancier hotels are too expensive. We will most likely need two rooms. I will look into the Holiday Inn and The Marriott. I've been researching Adina and Meriton apts for earlier in our trip. We will probably end up in a private vacation home but for our last night in Sydney, I'd like to be near the ship. Lots of research to do for this sixty night trip.

We stayed at the Amora Jamison a few weeks ago which was in a decent location about 5-10 minutes walk from Circular Quay. We were perfectly happy with the hotel and impressed with the service from the staff there.

We just booked the Holiday Inn Old Sydney. The one in the Rocks that was recommended. Not inexpensive, but doable. The roof top pool with views of Sydney Harbour will be a hit with the kids. Thanks to all who replied. I find the level of expertise and help available on this Cunard board wonderful. So many helpful people. We are looking so forward to sailing Queen Elizabeth and Queen Victoria next year. Our QM2 trip is coming up in September and the children are over the moon with excitement. So is mum!

We just booked the Holiday Inn Old Sydney. The one in the Rocks that was recommended. Not inexpensive, but doable. The roof top pool with views of Sydney Harbour will be a hit with the kids. Thanks to all who replied. I find the level of expertise and help available on this Cunard board wonderful. So many helpful people. We are looking so forward to sailing Queen Elizabeth and Queen Victoria next year. Our QM2 trip is coming up in September and the children are over the moon with excitement. So is mum!

There are lots of great restaurants and casual places to eat around The Rocks and Circular Quay. A little touristy, but still good. If you are looking for good food and don't mind spending approx $30 a head, try Lowenbrau (German). It's right near the hotel. I've never had a bad meal there.

On weekends you will have the market stalls set up right outside the hotel. It's mostly ordinary stuff in my view, but it might be of interest to someone venturing here from abroad. There are great food stalls serving assortments of hot and cold dishes there too.

We loved the Rocks! We stayed at a small hotel that incorporated some of the old row houses. It's an interesting neighborhood with lots of history. There's a little museum of a restored row house (Susannah Place) and your kids might get a kick out of seeing how people "used to live." A good contrast with the luxury of life on a cruise ship.

Hi,

In June 2015, we spent two nights at the Four Seasons Hotel in Sydney prior to a Princess cruise. This is located near Circular Quay. This is a nice area with much to see. We walked to the Sydney Opera House and took a very interesting guided tour. Also, the concierge at the hotel arranged a wonderful city tour for us.

Chuck