Royal Caribbean Drinks Packages!

Thank you & are the drinks packages $39,$49 & $59?

If they are, I think it would be beneficial to me to buy some OBC and then buy the drinks package on board rather than pay GBP before the cruise.

This document has the drink package prices, before 18% gratuity:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/beverage_packages.pdf

If I were to purchase one of the drink packages and we are leaving out of Galveston, does this cover the TX tax that I have seen is added to drinks while you are in port and however long that lasts?

There is no US state sales tax added to drinks ordered using a beverage package, Texas or any other state.

However, there is a limited selection of alcohol served while still in Texas waters. Here is a notice from Navigator when she was based in Galveston:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=45457488&postcount=4

Edited by clarea

Yes, your purchase of the beverage package will include gratuity and you will not get charged additional gratuity when you order drinks.

This document has the drink package prices, before 18% gratuity:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/beverage_packages.pdf

Thank you, I did not realise that 18% had to be added to those prices. We have seen this list but also found another list that was more expensive and more current. I think the GBP prices shown on my cruise planner include gratuity as we are not used to adding on taxes.

We all went to Florida for the first time & really had to think about how much things cost due to having to add tax on :)

Thank you, I did not realise that 18% had to be added to those prices. We have seen this list but also found another list that was more expensive and more current. I think the GBP prices shown on my cruise planner include gratuity as we are not used to adding on taxes....

I think you are correct in that the prices shown on the UK website include gratuities. The menus on board the ships that sail from the UK also have prices listed with gratuities already included. That's why the wine/cocktail value limit is $14 when sailing out of the UK and $12 when sailing from the US.

I think you are correct in that the prices shown on the UK website include gratuities. The menus on board the ships that sail from the UK also have prices listed with gratuities already included. That's why the wine/cocktail value limit is $14 when sailing out of the UK and $12 when sailing from the US.

Thank you :)

Thought I would attach my findings with the drinks packages. The first is the packages linked from my cruise planner showing $39 etc. packages which is the same as clarea's link.

This one I found when googling Ovation of the Seas drinks packages. More expensive & a more recent date. I now realise (thanks to clarea) this one includes the 18% gratuity :)

http://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/discover-cruise-holidays/bars-drinks-packages/pdf/Beverage_Pkg_Pre-Cruise_Flyer.pdf

I also found a Royal Caribbean blog which I thought was quite useful but the link is not allowed on here.

It's interesting that on the Australian site ( and on my cruise planner) the Soda package is the same price for adults and children. I notice on some of the above posts there is a lower price for 17 years and under.

Just another thing to make a cruise so much more expensive when we are not US residents.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

... This one I found when googling Ovation of the Seas drinks packages. More expensive & a more recent date. I now realise (thanks to clarea) this one includes the 18% gratuity :)

http://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/discover-cruise-holidays/bars-drinks-packages/pdf/Beverage_Pkg_Pre-Cruise_Flyer.pdf ...

This one looks old to me, as it still shows a children's price for soda, which is gone. Plus, the Ultimate package is actually $69.62pp with gratuity.

This one looks old to me, as it still shows a children's price for soda, which is gone. Plus, the Ultimate package is actually $69.62pp with gratuity.

Hi, we are booked on the 29 May HOTS. I just went in to my Cruise Planner and checked out the prices:

Evian bottled water - $47/per person, per day

Soda - $8.50/pp,pd for adult and children

Replenish - $22/ pp,pd for adult and children

Select - $42/pp,pd

Premium - $57/pp,pd

Ultimate - $67/ pp,pd

All prices include taxes and gratuity according to the terms and conditions when i went through with booking.

Hi, we are booked on the 29 May HOTS. I just went in to my Cruise Planner and checked out the prices:

Select - $42/pp,pd

Premium - $57/pp,pd

Ultimate - $67/ pp,pd

All prices include taxes and gratuity according to the terms and conditions when i went through with booking.

Sorry, I meant to add, that I think that the price of the ultimate actually went down when they did their rounding exercise to make prices easy to understand with taxes and grat.

Select - $42/pp,pd

Premium - $57/pp,pd

Ultimate - $67/ pp,pd

Thanks for the update. Typical Royal confusion, as we were charged the $69 price for the Ultimate package on Vision last month.

Our friends are considering a short 3 or 4 night cruise. Are the drink packages available on these short sailings? I have advised they can bring 2 bottles of wine onboard, but was unsure if they could purchase a package for only a couple of nights (we don't usually bother as the free Diamond drinks loaded on to our seapass cards is sufficient ;)).

Our friends are considering a short 3 or 4 night cruise. Are the drink packages available on these short sailings? I have advised they can bring 2 bottles of wine onboard, but was unsure if they could purchase a package for only a couple of nights (we don't usually bother as the free Diamond drinks loaded on to our seapass cards is sufficient ;)).

Yes, the drink packages are available on the short 3/4 day cruises, however you have to purchase for the entire cruise.

For those of you who have been able to purchase the drink packages at 20% off, how did you find out about the offer? Did you receive an email? Or did it show up during the booking process? Where in the process? How far out were you from sail date?

We are on the Liberty of the Seas sailing May 22. I would love to get 20% off of the drink packages.

Thanks!

For those of you who have been able to purchase the drink packages at 20% off, how did you find out about the offer? Did you receive an email? Or did it show up during the booking process? Where in the process? How far out were you from sail date?

We are on the Liberty of the Seas sailing May 22. I would love to get 20% off of the drink packages.

Thanks!

Most have reported seeing the discount in their Cruise Planner when they add a beverage package.

Thanks!

Heard about it on Cruise Critic, where else?!! :D

Don't hold you breath on getting the discount on the Liberty btw. It seems like the 20% is for 9+ day sailings. One exception was the Anthem, but it's discount went away starting with the Memorial Day weekend sailing. The only other exception I saw reported on CC was one Jewel 7-day sailing.

Of course, even though I extremely doubt I will get the discount on my Liberty sailing (in 10 days!! :D) I still find myself checking periodically to be sure. :p

Not per day!

No matter what the price shows in anyone's individual Cruise Planner, the Evian package is $x for 12 one-liter bottles, and $y for 24 one-liter bottles.

They are brought to your stateroom and left. Basically a case of 12 one-liter bottles if you order one. More cases depending on how many more you order.

And the water, since it's in your room, can be shared. Unlike the other packages.

Edited by mollyeilis

Heard about it on Cruise Critic, where else?!! :D

Don't hold you breath on getting the discount on the Liberty btw. It seems like the 20% is for 9+ day sailings. One exception was the Anthem, but it's discount went away starting with the Memorial Day weekend sailing. The only other exception I saw reported on CC was one Jewel 7-day sailing.

Of course, even though I extremely doubt I will get the discount on my Liberty sailing (in 10 days!! :D) I still find myself checking periodically to be sure. :p

^^^ This - when I went to my planner I saw the discount for our 10day in Oct on Anthem. However it does not show up on the 7 day in April I booked :(

Does anyone know if bottles of water are available in suites? I'm considering buying the package for my husband and I, but part of the appeal to the ultimate package is the bottles of water. If they are available to suite guests, I may alter my thoughts on the plan.

Thanks in advance for any information.

Does anyone know if bottles of water are available in suites? I'm considering buying the package for my husband and I, but part of the appeal to the ultimate package is the bottles of water. If they are available to suite guests, I may alter my thoughts on the plan.

Thanks in advance for any information.

Bottled water is available to suite guests only on Oasis and Quantum classes.

Not per day!

No matter what the price shows in anyone's individual Cruise Planner, the Evian package is $x for 12 one-liter bottles, and $y for 24 one-liter bottles.

They are brought to your stateroom and left. Basically a case of 12 one-liter bottles if you order one. More cases depending on how many more you order.

And the water, since it's in your room, can be shared. Unlike the other packages.

That makes sense. I was copying from one screen to the next without any real thought.

The 20% discount just showed up on my cruise planner for our May 29th Freedom cruise. The ultimate package is not even listed. The premium package is $37.60 plus 18% gratuities per day.

Now i need to roll the dice and see if I can get the 40% D+ discount when we get on board. I may have to buy 1 now and the other when we get on board to hedge my bet.

Edited by later