Currently aboard Carnival Glory

ginnylee35

Im sailing on the glory in November on the Eastern Caribbean itinerary and our cabin is a balcony cabin on the 8th deck Verandah do you mind describing the cabin to me.

Our Verandah balcony cabin 8275 had 2 twin beds (our request) with 2 pillows each and comfortable cotton and down bedding, 2 tiny nightstands with lamps, a small couch with 2 large drawers underneath, an arm chair, a small table, a wall desk with a pull out seat and 3 clothing-sized drawers, and 3 good-sized closets. The balcony had 2 lawn (not chaise) chairs and a small table.

We were located below and above cabin room decks and about 15 feet from the corridor to the elevators- very quiet, no bothersome noises whatsoever. Let me know if you have other questions.

Our Verandah balcony cabin 8275 had 2 twin beds (our request) with 2 pillows each and comfortable cotton and down bedding, 2 tiny nightstands with lamps, a small couch with 2 large drawers underneath, an arm chair, a small table, a wall desk with a pull out seat and 3 clothing-sized drawers, and 3 good-sized closets. The balcony had 2 lawn (not chaise) chairs and a small table.

We were located below and above cabin room decks and about 15 feet from the corridor to the elevators- very quiet, no bothersome noises do whatsoever. Let me know if you have other questions.

So they do still have the down bedding? I had read that they had gotten rid of that, I am allergic to feathers so I'm going to have to request something else if it is real down.

Glad to hear you had a good experience, I'm just down the hall in 8257 on May 7th!

We were located below and above cabin room decks and about 15 feet from the corridor to the elevators- very quiet, no bothersome noises whatsoever. Let me know if you have other questions.

Thanks we are balcony cabins 8428 & 8430 and interior cabin 8426

I'll be on her May 14th if Jordan is still there remind me and I'll say hello to her from you... And anything else just email me below if she needs something...

Sorry I've taken so long to get back to you - unfortunately I came back from my Breeze cruise with a REALLY BAD case of the shingles (thankfully didn't break out until the day after I returned). I've been pretty much out of commission for the last two weeks. Don't wish that on anyone!!

It was really sweet of you to offer to play messenger - Jordan's contract will end the week before you get onboard. It was her first contract & though she's had some ups & downs - it's been a great experience for her. Alot different than when I was onboard back in the 80's - more work, stricter rules, etc. Again, thanks for the offer - and ENJOY your cruise!!!

Why did you have such a short day in Grand Cayman?

What did you think of Dustin the CD?

It's my impression that the Glory stop in Grand Cayman is always the briefest one of its western Caribbean itinerary. The ship docks around 7:30am and leaves port around 3:00pm. It's a tender port so you have to include time to/from the pier in your schedule - makes for too brief a stay on a lovely island.

CD Dustin did a good job, I think. Didn't have any interaction with him though. His announcements weren't bothersome - only as needed for activities and port arrival/departure.

Sorry I've taken so long to get back to you - unfortunately I came back from my Breeze cruise with a REALLY BAD case of the shingles (thankfully didn't break out until the day after I returned). I've been pretty much out of commission for the last two weeks. Don't wish that on anyone!!

It was really sweet of you to offer to play messenger - Jordan's contract will end the week before you get onboard. It was her first contract & though she's had some ups & downs - it's been a great experience for her. Alot different than when I was onboard back in the 80's - more work, stricter rules, etc. Again, thanks for the offer - and ENJOY your cruise!!!

We were on the Glory in March and if it is the same Jordan that is on the entertainment staff, she did a great job! Hope she stays on....and did ok with the CD.

We were on the Glory in March and if it is the same Jordan that is on the entertainment staff, she did a great job! Hope she stays on....and did ok with the CD.

Yes, that would be her. I will save this for her. I'm hoping she will do at least one more contract. Thank you for the nice comments!!

If you run into Jordan (entertainment staff) tell her that her Mom says hello!! She should be doing trivia and probably kaoroke along with other hosting duties.

We were on the Glory last week. Jordan was fantastic! Did trivia a few days and she was very poised and quick witted. She really made the time enjoyable

Yes, that would be her. I will save this for her. I'm hoping she will do at least one more contract. Thank you for the nice comments!!

I was on the glory last week and absolutely love Jordan! She was so fun and we absolutely loved her! She made trivia so much fun especially when she would say things to people in the glass elevators! Hope to see her again!

A big thank you to all of you who had nice comments for Jordan. She will be thrilled when I show her this!!

It's really hard to be away from family and friends for 6 months and she really had a tough time in the beginning of her contract - BUT, things seem to be much better now. She has always loved being with passengers - the job is great, it's just adjusting to the ship life that is challenging.

Again, thank you for your comments - it makes this mom proud!!

A big thank you to all of you who had nice comments for Jordan. She will be thrilled when I show her this!!

It's really hard to be away from family and friends for 6 months and she really had a tough time in the beginning of her contract - BUT, things seem to be much better now. She has always loved being with passengers - the job is great, it's just adjusting to the ship life that is challenging.

Again, thank you for your comments - it makes this mom proud!!

It's good that things seem to be going much better for her now! She is really a sweet girl. Hopefully she does another contract and I hope to see her again!

Ahoy cruisers! I'm currently sailing on the Carnival Glory to the western Caribbean and I want to be available to answer any questions anyone has about the ship and the itinerary. I'll try my best to provide accurate info as well as offer my opinions about the Glory experience itself.

Our ship is just about at full occupancy and therefore very busy in most areas. We're in a balcony cabin on the Verandah deck (8th floor). 24 hours into our cruise, we're pleased with our experience so far. The ship is in very good shape and all of the staff we've encountered have been friendly and helpful.

If anyone has any questions about the cruise, let me know and I'll do my best to respond the same day.

Here's hoping for a week of smooth sailing!

Do they have the afternoon tea? It's usually around 3:00.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Do they have the afternoon tea? It's usually around 3:00.

Yes. Bring your own unless you like Lipton or Green Tea or feel like paying $1.95 for the flavored "Art of Tea" selections. It's only on sea days in the Upper Platinum (aft) Dining Room.

Edited by firemanbobswife

Yes. Bring your own unless you like Lipton or Green Tea or feel like paying $1.95 for the flavored "Art of Tea" selections. It's only on sea days in the Upper Platinum (aft) Dining Room.

Thanks. We sail on April 30th, first time on the Glory, and I am sooo ready! Enjoy the remaining days of your cruise.

Thanks. We sail on April 30th, first time on the Glory, and I am sooo ready! Enjoy the remaining days of your cruise.

You're welcome! Sadly, I'm not on the ship anymore and I don't have anything booked for the future :( . Have a great time! Wish I was going again.

We enjoy live bands as well and I was hoping for a good one when we sail on May 14th. Our favorite band so far has been the Music Highlights. Usually the bands play in a club as well as the atrium. Have you explored the clubs and was there any good entertainment?

Thanks,

Missy

elainem304 a o l . com

Would you mind emailing me as I have some questions for you ... Once you're feeling all better of course... Thanks