new ship AIDA PRIMA

Topsham

I agree Dot. As soon as I get on the ship.....cell phone goes into the safe. And I could care less what is going on in the world for the duration of the cruise.

Have read a little more about Aida Prima - there is NO MDR. All buffet eating venues with 3 specialty restaurants. The company is part of Costa therefore final top person to answer to is Carnival. Also exclusively marketed and targeting the German cruiser which is now the 2nd largest cursing country in the world. Only German spoken on board - 98% of passengers. The future of Aida ships......

plans for 2019 are a 6k pax ship.......wow!

dave

I second that in regard to the "Prima" - even though I'm from Germany I wouldn't want to be on that ship because I'd miss the international crowd and would hate the buffet-style restaurants. As drinks are only free during meals people tend to sit and sit and exceed their welcome because it's not easy to find a table soon after the restaurants have opened . We haven't been on any of the AIDA ships - it's what we have heard and read. If you want a quiet meal in a "real" restaurant you must pay for it.

Cabins look nice, though.

I was playing around all this.... to seeing what HAL CC'ers might think. I was right. Ship is Ugly, bad, no good etc etc. Very funny, last week some people have posted here this morning that people said that, "How can you say critical comments about KONINGSDAM if you have not even seen the ship!" Well, it goes to shows. ;)

Happy Cruise Days!

Touché. You got me there!:D

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=2337673

Just watching photos and video of the new AIDA PRIMA (also Carnival Group).

Completely different from anything I have ever seen before!

This ship is on her maiden voyage, built in Japan and cruising on through ports to eventually Hamburg.

What a stunning ship. Modern and I hate to say it, it make

KONINGSDAM look old.

They have made Lanai cabins that have taken that to heights that I would not even thought about. Look at the video!

Promenade decks, bars, restaurants... all look like FUN.

I notice at the TV screens in the standard cabins. Flat screen with couch facing the screen... and can be movable and can be swivel to be able in other parts of the cabin. This is what I was trying to explain a few days ago.

Anyhow, well worth looking at her.

This article doesn't belong here, this is HAL not Aida..bye

Oh, Stephen! So glad you were playing around. I couldn't believe that someone who is a fan of the Queen of Bermuda would like this new ship.:):)

Hi Carol,

And it ain't even April Fools!

Actually I was more interested just to see what the opposition are doing

There are lot of features which would fit in quite in with HAL ships. Perhaps not the décor. One or two places look just fine. The deck around the after end open decks are quite nice and a few places that would love to sit. How about those two small pools at the side of the promenade deck. Excellent

BTW... I am warming up to posting some great photos for you. early next week.

Stephen