Upsell to Mini Suite

SummerLovin1

Has anyone had any luck upselling to a Mini Suite? At 30 days out I was told I could do this the week of sailing. I've called, and was told they haven't decided if they're offering the mini suites yet, and they don't know when it would be if they do. Has anyone had any luck with this or have any helpful tips? I don't want to keep calling and bugging the upsell department, but my boat leaves on Sunday and I REALLY want to get into a mini suite if possible. I'm willing to pay for it, just don't want to lose my current promos :)

Has anyone had any luck upselling to a Mini Suite? At 30 days out I was told I could do this the week of sailing. I've called, and was told they haven't decided if they're offering the mini suites yet, and they don't know when it would be if they do. Has anyone had any luck with this or have any helpful tips? I don't want to keep calling and bugging the upsell department, but my boat leaves on Sunday and I REALLY want to get into a mini suite if possible. I'm willing to pay for it, just don't want to lose my current promos :)

Have you searched that cruise to see if any remain? What ship and what are you in now?

I called upsell 10 days prior to sailing on the Escape, and upgraded from inside to mini suite for $150pp for the first two guests in each cabin ($300 per stateroom). I upgraded 3 rooms total, including one balcony (to maintain proximity) - but the cost was the same.

You might try calling the regular reservation number and see if you can get an upgrade. There are different conditions regarding your booking than if you call the Upsell number. Be sure to ask if you will keep your promos. Of course, you will have to pay the current price for this cabin. At this late date, you may not be successful. The upsell department is usually trying to take care of folks wanting the Haven. Sometimes, mini suites are offered, but not always. Don't worry....keep calling, because you never know!

I'm sailing on the Dawn this Sunday. There are currently 18 unbooked mini suites... I'm currently in an OV. I received upsell offers for suites, and almost took one of them, but would really prefer to save a little money and upsell to the mini-suite instead. This is our first cruise, and I really think the extra room will help us all relax a little more :)

On some of the NCL fleet and all of the Jewel class the tubs in the mini suites are difficult to get in and out of. If a person has any problems with making a high step, the mini suite tubs can be a challenge.

I'll repeat the info that a mini suite is not a suite and does come with any extras. You simply have a cabin and bath that are a bit larger than a regular balcony. We did a mini suite once and I would not do it again. The extra $$$ are not worth it to me.

If your cabin does not have a balcony, it might be a good move to upgrade to a mini suite.

Edited by kcwingwalker

I called the upset line a few time as my Easter week cruise (on the Escape) approached...and I finally lucked out the DAY BEFORE our cruise. They simply weren't offering the mini suites until then.

So my advice is to be patient and just keep trying. I upgraded two rooms for a total of $600. Their first offer was $800.

Good luck!

I'll repeat the info that a mini suite is not a suite and does come with any extras. You simply have a cabin and bath that are a bit larger than a regular balcony. We did a mini suite once and I would not do it again. The extra $$$ are not worth it to me.

Agree! The only difference on the Getaway was a nicer shower and a littler more shelf space in the bathroom. Unless it's a great deal, I would choose a regular balcony over a mini-suite.