Future Cruise Credit

I recently had to cancel a cruise that fell within the guidelines of Zika related cancellations. We were in the 50% penalty period. So 50% is refunded to my credit card and the other %50 is being issued as a future cruise credit.

The credit showed up on my credit card yesterday but I've had no communication as far as the future cruise credit. The two people I've spoken with at Carnival cannot give me a definite time on when I should get this "credit."

Has anyone had experience with FCC? Will they mail it? Email it? How long will it take?

I recently had to cancel a cruise that fell within the guidelines of Zika related cancellations. We were in the 50% penalty period. So 50% is refunded to my credit card and the other %50 is being issued as a future cruise credit.

The credit showed up on my credit card yesterday but I've had no communication as far as the future cruise credit. The two people I've spoken with at Carnival cannot give me a definite time on when I should get this "credit."

Has anyone had experience with FCC? Will they mail it? Email it? How long will it take?

They normally are assigned to Past Passenger Number. The Carnival computers will keep track of the credit.

They normally are assigned to Past Passenger Number. The Carnival computers will keep track of the credit.

Yes this is how it was for our credit when the Splendor caught fire and our trip was cancelled. We rec'd full refunds as well as future credit (I don't recall the %) - tied to all 4 separate names so we weren't able to transfer to others. We ended up only being able to use 1 of the 4 as the others weren't able to sail within the time limit.

Zika is in many islands of the carribean... what is this credit for? is it for cruises that have had to cancel stops?? And if so, what stops did they cancel?? thank you... have a cruise booked and don't want to go if stops are all cancelled.. would rather change the cruise..

Zika is in many islands of the carribean... what is this credit for? is it for cruises that have had to cancel stops?? And if so, what stops did they cancel?? thank you... have a cruise booked and don't want to go if stops are all cancelled.. would rather change the cruise..

Stops have not been cancelled. Certain people are much higher risk than others: pregnant women, women trying to get pregnant, babies. They have found it leads to serious birth defects in babies if the mother contracts Zika before or while pregnant. So all the cruise lines are allowing certain people to cancel if they are one of the high risk groups.

Stops have not been cancelled. Certain people are much higher risk than others: pregnant women, women trying to get pregnant, babies. They have found it leads to serious birth defects in babies if the mother contracts Zika before or while pregnant. So all the cruise lines are allowing certain people to cancel if they are one of the high risk groups.

okay, thanks for the info:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Bumping this up again.

Carnival still can't give me a timeline on when I will get my FCC.

ANYONE out there with experience getting their FCC and how long it took???

Did you get your FCC? Was it applied, as a discount off the price of the new booking? Was the percentage based on the old sailing price or the new one? We were canceled due to Hurricane Harvey and are just trying to book a new cruise.

Did you get your FCC? Was it applied, as a discount off the price of the new booking? Was the percentage based on the old sailing price or the new one? We were canceled due to Hurricane Harvey and are just trying to book a new cruise.

They don't send you anything for your FCC. When you call your PVP to book your new cruise, remind him/her that you have an FCC. They will look it up and apply it to the cruise.