Spring Break 2017

Another question before I book a Freedom of the Seas 8 day Eastern itinerary.

Can anyone tell me which weeks /months are for spring break 2017? We’re looking at all weeks in March and April.

Thank you:)

Another question before I book a Freedom of the Seas 8 day Eastern itinerary.

Can anyone tell me which weeks /months are for spring break 2017? We’re looking at all weeks in March and April.

Thank you:)

March 13th-17th is the spring break for most K-12 schools in Oklahoma and Texas. Some colleges in these two states also have spring break this week. The rest of the colleges in OK and TX have spring break March 20-24th.

Edited by M_BA

Pretty much any week in March or April is spring break somewhere in US

Houston is 3/11

Yep. Between high schools and colleges it's pretty much a 2 month window. Most common for high schools is probably the second half of March.

So pretty much any week we choose will be lots of children?

Originally we wanted the April 15 sailing, then realized it will be Easter. Would that be lots of little ones too?

Easter 2016 on Liberty out of Galveston had a lot of children, it was the week after most spring breaks in OK and TX.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=49807494&postcount=162

DH & I recently returned from a 7 day southern caribbean cruise last week of March. The only reason was to celebrate our anniversay & my birthday. Never again will we ever do that. The crowds, the airlines.....very unpleasant. Save yourself some frustration, go in February or May....

Originally we wanted the April 15 sailing, then realized it will be Easter. Would that be lots of little ones too?

A lot of elementary schools by us have spring break either the week before or the week after Easter. So those two weeks have lots of little ones.

Colleges will have spring breaks starting in March and go throug April.

If you go in Feb avoid Presidents weekend since a lot of school districts have long weekends and parents will pull their kids out then too.

With Easter being later in 2017 I would expect the majority of spring breaks to be before Easter. I would think the week following Easter it drops off. If you price the cruise each week in April which week does the price start to drop? That's what I would look for as my key spring break is substantially over.

We have never found much difference. Cruises that we expected lots of kids we found very few. Other times when you expected to see a few there were tons. What I have experienced, a FEW unruly, unsupervised kids can make any cruise seem like there a hundreds of kids aboard. One time there were probably six kids who really disrupted the whole cruise-they were everywhere cutting in front of the line at the buffet, making a ruckus around the pool- being loud everywhere they where. JMHO

We did this itinerary ( 8 night eastern) on the Navigator this year during the first week of March. It's our Canadian March Break. There were 200 children on board, very manageable. The kids club staff told us there were over 1200 children registered for the next week. First week of March may be a good week to go, it's earlier than most spring breaks.

Yes, try the last week of April.

Thank you krazy4kruisin. That's the type of info I was hoping to find.

Off to see what other cruises I can find on Freedom class.:)

We made the mistake of going the 3rd week in March last year. Over 1,000 college kids - all drunk out of their minds all week long. I've never seen so many rude obnoxious people in my life. It was not fun - lesson learned.

Thanks for all the experienced input. What a great community of cruisers.:D

We are now thinking of either Feb 18th or the Mar 4th Freedom cruise. Was looking at Navigator 9 night Southern also. So many decisions just to relax. ;)

Partial to the Mar 4th cruise. It's the least expensive cruise week and according to Theme Cruise Finder, the 2017 DECADES OF ROCK & ROLL® CRUISE. We're assuming the college crowd doesn't want a cruise filled with oldies singing oldies.

Can you tell I have a difficult time making decisions? :)

Thanks for all the experienced input. What a great community of cruisers.:D

We are now thinking of either Feb 18th or the Mar 4th Freedom cruise. Was looking at Navigator 9 night Southern also. So many decisions just to relax. ;)

Partial to the Mar 4th cruise. It's the least expensive cruise week and according to Theme Cruise Finder, the 2017 DECADES OF ROCK & ROLL® CRUISE. We're assuming the college crowd doesn't want a cruise filled with oldies singing oldies.

Can you tell I have a difficult time making decisions? :)

I would favor the 9-night Navigator cruise.