How can I find out how busy the Vancouver port will be 04/29

splitpeaz

I am on the Apr 29 cruise from Vancouver on the Star Princess. How can I find out how busy the port will be that day (ie:how many ships will be in port)

Open Google. Type "cruise ships in vancouver". Click on the 5th hit. Really easy.

DON

Open Google. Type "cruise ships in vancouver". Click on the 5th hit. Really easy.

DON

Chocolate teapot info whenever you say 'click on the Xth link' on Google Don, as it changes for almost every search (e.g. right now the fifth response to that search is this article from 2010!) Ditto a direct link to the PDF further up - it's currently valid, but still in draft so open to change and when it is finalized the link will probably change.

The actual page with the info is found here (which should remain valid for a few years, as they literally just rolled out a new version of the website in the last month).

While Vancouver's is still marked DRAFT, it is highly unlikely there will be any changes. Cruise lines make their intentions known not later then March the year before and all docking assignments are finalised by the previous years end and of course all cruise ship ops have been consolidated to Canada Place as the old Balantyne Pier has been mothballed. In years gone by the port didn't publish the sked until late February or early March but now it is available much before that which may explain why the DRAFT notation is there.

Chocolate teapot info whenever you say 'click on the Xth link' on Google Don, as it changes for almost every search (e.g. right now the fifth response to that search is this article from 2010!) Ditto a direct link to the PDF further up - it's currently valid, but still in draft so open to change and when it is finalized the link will probably change.

The actual page with the info is found here (which should remain valid for a few years, as they literally just rolled out a new version of the website in the last month).

My point was not that it was the 5th link or the 3d link or the 1st link but that the OP could have found the information they needed very easily in about 30 seconds using Google by typing a few words and clicking on a few links. Much easier than posting a question on CC and then waiting for someone else to do the research for them. It also would have required fewer keystrokes. I even did it by opening Google on my cell phone and asking or I should say speaking "how many cruise ships are there in Vancouver on April 29".

I understand that some Google searches can be more difficult but this one or ones like "what is the average temperature in Juneau in July" or "how far is it from Fairbanks to Anchorage" which you see all the time on CC are really not difficult to do in Google. Google is your friend and is very easy to use.

DON

Edited by donaldsc

I find this website very helpful. You can look at via port or via ships.

http://ports.cruisett.com/

It would be more useful if it was actually correct - there are many missing ships in Vancouver for example, with literally none of HALs fleet mentioned in June for example, when four different vessels are docked on multiple occasions each!

I don't know where they source their info, but it's simply not accurate enough to trust.