Find out dining room assignment prior to sailing

reerun25

I don't think there is a way to find out, but thought I would ask. I am not talking about finding out about YTD, early or late seating, I know where to find that. I am just wondering if there is mention somewhere before the cruise as to which dining room you are assigned. I am speaking for early and late dining, I know YTD has specific dining areas on most ships... No big deal, just that I have 24 days before we sail, and I have cruise fever!

I don't think there is a way to find out, but thought I would ask. I am not talking about finding out about YTD, early or late seating, I know where to find that. I am just wondering if there is mention somewhere before the cruise as to which dining room you are assigned. I am speaking for early and late dining, I know YTD has specific dining areas on most ships... No big deal, just that I have 24 days before we sail, and I have cruise fever!

It partly depends on your cabin location. Although not always, your assigned dining room, if you have an assigned time, will typically be the dining room nearest to your cabin. At least, that's been our experience. Take a look at your ship's deck plans, and see which dining room your cabin is closest to. It's not 100% guaranteed, but that's probably where you'll be assigned.

Edited by beachbum53

It partly depends on your cabin location. Although not always, your assigned dining room, if you have an assigned time, will typically be the dining room nearest to your cabin. At least, that's been our experience. Take a look at your ship's deck plans, and see which dining room your cabin is closest to. It's not 100% guaranteed, but that's probably where you'll be assigned.

That has not been our experience at all. We almost always have a cabin in the forward part of the ship and almost always have been assigned to the aft dining room. Our last cruise we had cabin 2220, a porthole cabin, and we were assigned to the aft dining room. We had a spa balcony, which is forward. and again we were assigned to the aft dining room. But that could be because there are more tables available in the aft dining room for traditional dining than in the midship dining room.