Breeze or Dream

Kkross

Taking a cruise next summer and want to book on our upcoming cruise in a few weeks. Can't decide which port/ship.

All things being equal...cost & itinerary. We live in Dallas so the drive or flight isn't much of a factor either, if we drive it's a few hours longer to NOLA. Ship is same class. Have sailed out of Galveston numerous times. Have been to NOLA , but sailing out of would be our first.

Thoughts?

We live in East Texas and have sailed out of NOLA and Galveston. I think we prefer Galveston. Breeze is newer than the Dream, and has more of the updates, like Guys, Blue Iguana etc. I think hotels and parking are cheaper in Galveston, too. Have a great time no matter which you choose.

I say the Dream. My favorite ship, and all 3 cruises on Dream have been 3 of my best 4 cruises out of 15 in total. Most people will say Breeze, just because it's newer and has the latest "things". But without those latest things, I still enjoy Dream more, even when I returned to the Dream after the Breeze. Breeze was a little disappointing in some areas, while Dream didn't disappoint me in any area. But Breeze is still a great ship, so you can't really go wrong with either. One clear area where Dream wins in a huge way over Breeze is with their nighttime stage shows. I'm not a fan of Playlist Productions on Breeze.

Keep in mind that New Orleans is a great city to visit for before/after a cruise, much more interesting than Galveston.

We have done the Dream and were a little disappointed and bored. We have the Breeze booked for October. More to keep our 3 kids and us entertained. They chose the Breeze for the ropes course, thrill theater, and of course to try Guys burgers and Blue Iguana.

They chose the Breeze for the ropes course, thrill theater, and of course to try Guys burgers and Blue Iguana.

Breeze also has Cucina del Capitano, Sushi, BBQ, and Hasbro Game Night

OK so i am in the same debate the dream or breeze. the Dream is $500 cheaper and the cost to get to the port is more in Galveston (coming from Cali) so that means it is about $700 more.

We will be traveling with wife ,daughrer (10yrs) mother and step dad.

Can I get the ship and reason why the would pick that ship (not cause it was better)

OK so i am in the same debate the dream or breeze. the Dream is $500 cheaper and the cost to get to the port is more in Galveston (coming from Cali) so that means it is about $700 more.

Can I get the ship and reason why the would pick that ship (not cause it was better)

I wouldn't say it's $700 better. :D breeze just had a bit more and newer decor. It has the ropes course and thrill theater, but they both have the water slides and mini golf. (Thinking for the daughter)

for me? I live in Dallas...Galveston port is approx. 3 hours closer than NOLA port. Love the Dream class ships :D

We've been on both and liked the Breeze a bit more. Good choice! But really, it's a cruise, and you can't go wrong. :)

exactly! As long as they feed me food and drink...its all relative :p

I feel the Dream is $700 better than the Breeze. Okay, that might be an exaggeration, but I did like the Dream more. The nightlife (shows as well as the other options) on Dream are so much better than Breeze. Worlds better! Blackjack Band is amazing. Waterslides/waterworks are equal, but an overall edge to Breeze regarding the splashing features. Decor is more toned down on Breeze, which most people prefer, but I prefer decor to be more lively on a cruise ship.

What Breeze has over Dream: branded burgers & burritos (but Dream still has unbranded burgers & burritos), the extra pay Italian restaurant (but both ships have the same free pasta bar at lunch), the Red Frog Pub (which I didn't spend much time in), the Thrill Theater (extra cost-but it kept me from getting bored at night on the Breeze), the ropes course (that's the only real strike against Dream compared to Breeze in my opinion).

What Dream has over Breeze: better shows & nightlife (as mentioned), a lot more food options in the late evenings (after 8pm-Breeze has very little), a better lanai BBQ, more omelet stations for breakfast, a larger mini golf course (18 holes vs 9), slightly more public space overall, slightly less guests overall, a bigger Spa, bigger serenity area, bigger comedy club, Blackjack Band (there's the big clincher for me).

I would go with the Breeze. They are the same class but the Breeze is new and more contemporary in design. It has all the most recent upgrades which the dream may how now also. It also has the Thrill Theater which no other ship has. Either way I think you'll have a great time as I really liked both ships.

Isn't the Dream getting an update next February? Would that mean it's likely to get a lot of the extra things the Breeze currently has?

Oh I hope this is true. We are sailing on the Breeze September 2016 and sailing on the Dream September 2017

I've sailed both, if they were home ported side by side (in Miami, for example), offered the same itineraries and were the same cost, I'd go with Breeze. They are very similar (with the exception of Guy's, the Thrill Theater and a few palm trees).

If the cost of the cruise or the travel time/cost were almost identical, I'd then start choosing not for ship, but for the itinerary. If one was going to the Bahamas, I'd pretty much choose the other one - unless it was HMC. If one was going to Aruba and the other to Cozumel, I'd probably choose Aruba. If one had more sea days, I'd choose that one (that's a personal thing - I love sea days - me, my Kindle and a balcony have a long standing date). If one had Costa Maya and the other had Grand Cayman, I'd choose the one with Grand Cayman.

Thanks for the opinions keep them coming.... We loved the sky course on our NCL cruise so that gad me leaning towards the breeze but 700 is steep. We are going in August. I believe it's Honduras Cozumel Belize or grand caymen,montego bay cozumel

The itinerary was the final choice for me. I had been,and again going this September to Montego, Cayman and Cozumel. So...I wanted the Mahogany itinerary. I will say that Cayman is one of my favorite ports so far that I've been to. Beautiful waters! And if you decide on Cayman, you HAVE to do a stingray excursion!!