MDR Table assignments

TAD2005

We have booked a cruise on the Oosterdam for Feb. 2017 and have requested early fixed seating. If we wanted to request a certain table (3-4 choices) would it be on the upper or lower level of the MDR? Thanks.

Upper level.

We'll be on the Westerdam this fall and for the first time in years have fixed dining. Do you have any suggestions for good tables for two - the specific numbers? Thanks in advance.

There is a website that has lots of facts about HAL (which we cannot cite) so just google the question. There are dining room schematics with table numbers for most ships so you can see the actual layout and make your decision for a request.

There is a website that has lots of facts about HAL (which we cannot cite) so just google the question. There are dining room schematics with table numbers for most ships so you can see the actual layout and make your decision for a request.

I use that site frequently (it's great) - and did look at the schematics. I'm thinking tables 77, 79, 82 or 84. Would those be good choices? I haven't eaten in upstairs in fixed dining for years so can't remember the layout.

Then I follow-up with an email to HAL thru Contact Us to make the identical request. Between the TA request and the email, have had great success in getting tables I like.

How far out from your cruise do you make your table number requests through your TA and directly to "Contact Us" ? Is it near final payment day at 75 days, or more ? We are around 150 days out.

Edited by TAD2005

A somewhat related question. We are waitlisted for late set seating on Westerdam Alaska cruise in July. This cruise has an Inspirations Group. If this remains the situation, what is our best strategy upon boarding?

The travel agent arranged for our family of 30 to have fixed dining but I am starting to freak out because outside of probably the 1st night and the formal nights I am not sure I can get all 30 to eat in the main dining room. I have a feeling each night I will have at least one table worth of people opt out and choose the buffet. (Like any large family-not sure how long we can stand spending that much time together) For those that have had a fixed tables did this present any issues.

The travel agent arranged for our family of 30 to have fixed dining but I am starting to freak out because outside of probably the 1st night and the formal nights I am not sure I can get all 30 to eat in the main dining room. I have a feeling each night I will have at least one table worth of people opt out and choose the buffet. (Like any large family-not sure how long we can stand spending that much time together) For those that have had a fixed tables did this present any issues.

We have been told by some matre'd's that is you inform them that you will not be using your fixed, assigned table due to a Pinnacle Grill or Canaletto dinner, you are OK. But if you just don't show up, for multiple nights, they will eventually assign that table to people on the waiting list. However, if you have five 6-tops for your group, and only 2 at a table are missing, you will probably get away without losing your table assignment.

I've been looking for a dining room chart for the Koningsdam. It's not yet available on halfacts and googling it doesn't pull up a chart. Anyone know a source for the K's upper level dining room table numbers? Can it be acquired from HAL itself?

How far out from your cruise do you make your table number requests through your TA and directly to "Contact Us" ? Is it near final payment day at 75 days, or more ? We are around 150 days out.

I book through a HAL PCC and make my table requests right upon booking the cruise. The one time I did it through ship services, I did it around the 30 day mark and got it. I believe that's about the time when they actually do the table assignments. However, I would just do it as soon as possible. They might grant the requests in order of receipt so earlier would be better, in that case. Of course, Mariner level may also have an influence.

Edited by Alberta Quilter

I've been looking for a dining room chart for the Koningsdam. It's not yet available on halfacts and googling it doesn't pull up a chart. Anyone know a source for the K's upper level dining room table numbers? Can it be acquired from HAL itself?

We don't have it yet unfortunately.

Ships Services may be able to get it - I haven't tried yet.

We don't have it yet unfortunately.

Ships Services may be able to get it - I haven't tried yet.

I was just told that it is not available yet, but they are working on it.

I was just told that it is not available yet, but they are working on it.

Thanks for the information. If anyone does see the Koningsdam dining room seating chart, it would be great if they could post it in a new thread.