Live from AZ for the first time.

chromered7

Petra day today and no matter what words I could use to describe it would not do it justice. It was. long day but it was a small price to pay to see one of the wonders of the world. Petra is an awe inspiring place you just have to see. The Jordanian people are vey nice and very pleased that tourists are visiting their country. I know some people cancelled their cruise to the Middle East because they felt it was not safe but at no time did we feel unsafe. For those of you who have booked to do this cruise it is a totally an unforgettable experience not to be missed.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by chromered7

Tonight the band magically emerged. Must have been the magician onboard doing his tricks. [emoji2]

So, one thing less to worry about.

Yes, the band is very, very good.

Petra day today and no matter what words I could use to describe it would not do it justice. It was. long day but it was a small price to pay to see one of the wonders of the world. Petra is an awe inspiring place you just have to see. The Jordanian people are vey nice and very pleased that tourists are visiting their country. I know some people cancelled their cruise to the Middle East because they felt it was not safe but at no time did we feel unsafe. For those of you who have booked to do this cruise it is a totally an unforgettable experience not to be missed.

Thank you chromered7, we feel the same as you!

On a holiday of firsts we are transiting the Suez cannel . Reading about it is impressive but traveling on it can leave you speechless. This engineering marvel cuts its way through the sandy wilderness on route to Israel . This has been a special cruise for many reasons proving that the itinerary is everything and if you are on a fantastic ship, the Quest, then all the better.

Good morning from a very hot and sunny Israel temp 35. We went to Jerusalem and Bethlehem yesterday. The tour was over 10 hours long but we had a brilliant guide. Then it was back on the ship for White Night .

The overall impression of our first cruise on AZ very positive. The staff cannot do enough for you and there are loads of activities to do which are very well attended.. Interestingly we have had two occasions today that were the only negatives throughout the whole cruise. Whilst disappointing it's not bad for a 16 day cruise and because they have been very rare we shall mention it in the feed back.

We would definitely cruise with AZ again with right itinerary and are looking at our options for next year.

We did not realise that Windows had closed at 09:00 this morning so we rolled up at 09:30 as usual , it had not closed until 10:00 on other days, and the manager was rather curt in his response. They did allow us to grab what breakfast was left but this came the morning after a long day in Jerusalem followed by the White Night and of course there were a few people getting up late. That to us was poor planning as we had 4 sea days together where it would have been better. The response from the manager stood out because everyone and I mean everyone of the staff have been superb including that manager who had been ok with us earlier in cruise. We have put it down to a one off and in no way would it prevent us booking with them again, perhaps he was having a bad day.

Finally back home after what I believe was our best cruise ever. It was no coincidence that sailing with AZ contributed immensely, together with an interesting itinerary and fellow passengers. AZ has a very good product, the level of service across the whole of the our ship was exceptional in our experience. The problem would be if AZ goes the same way as X and reduces staff , activities etc which is why we moved from them. So Larry P improve the AZ product, if you can, but don't ruin it.

So we shall give it a few weeks and then look at the next cruise hopefully with AZ .

Glad you enjoyed your cruise so much. I agree that it is evident that over recent years the staff on Celebrity are spread thinner and worked harder. Still they offer a good product, but service and a less hurried, more thoughtful approach by the crew on Azamara is one of the biggest attractions for me. Here's to your next one!:cool:

Phil