20% Drink Special - My math isn't working?

New prices on Harmony see here

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=50049880&postcount=119

Refreshment (8) and Replenish (19) are still the same. But Select is now 45$, Premium 59$ and Ultimate 67$ (plus 18% plus VAT).

steamboats

I was curious about Liberty of the seas current onboard prices. Fascinated by the recent sale off "onboard" prices....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which is the same you would pay on line prior to boarding with the $49 and added gratuity, the only change would be if you got it on sale before boarding and it brought the price down a few bucks that wouldn't be offered on board [emoji4]

For the premium package

I thought the new increased pricing would go into place for cruises commencing in the "summer season." So I am not sure what the relevance of asking anyone about pricing from a cruise that has already completed. I think the Harmony pricing is what you will be seeing fleet-wide in a few weeks.

The price I gave is for our upcoming cruise in October 2016, so summer prices would be in effect for that you would think. Fact is they can change it whenever they want to change it. But I'll take the Ultimate Package for the $49 they are offering for our October cruise over the $59 it was before the "sale"

This is what we're offered for an upcoming August cruise - just sharing.

Like others, when I contacted RCCI, they were unable to confirm the on board pricing. You can certainly do the math based on this info but no confirmation. Appreciate the on board pricing verification.

This is the per day published offer with the 20% discount:

Premium $47

Ultimate $53

Select $36

Thanks for all this info - have a great day and happy cruising!

This is what we're offered for an upcoming August cruise - just sharing.

Like others, when I contacted RCCI, they were unable to confirm the on board pricing. You can certainly do the math based on this info but no confirmation. Appreciate the on board pricing verification.

This is the per day published offer with the 20% discount:

Premium $47

Ultimate $53

Select $36

Thanks for all this info - have a great day and happy cruising!

Are these prices before or after 18% gratuity?

I just payed 499.00 for 9 day Anthem in July. That is with the so called 20% off, does that sound correct?

So you purchased the Premium Package for $47/day plus gratuities. Prices have been ranging from $44/$47/$49 per day.

Buying online it is before- they add at the end

No sir - they are the published offers prior to gratuity. Tried to cut and paste the page but wasn't able to.

thanks Bob.

Thanks!

Which package? Premium or Ultimate?

I purchased the premium package for my upcoming 9 night on the Anthem for $499 (including gratuities), which is based on the $47 per day base price. I suspect the onboard base pricing will be $59 per day (consistent with Harmony) and thus the 20% discount. The extra $14 ($12 x 118%) is a whole extra drink I need to have for it to make economical sense. So for the sake of all those on board with me, I pre-purchased.

I had been tracking our October Allure cruise to see if/when the 20% discount became available. It had always been $49 (without gratuity) and two weeks ago the 20% discount popped up making the cost $44.

Total cost $363.44.

Really in the huge big scheme of things if $5 a day for the 20% discount matters, maybe you shouldn't be going on the cruise anyway. Yes, I took advantage of it, but I would have bought the package at some point anyway.

I had been tracking our October Allure cruise to see if/when the 20% discount became available. It had always been $49 (without gratuity) and two weeks ago the 20% discount popped up making the cost $44.

Total cost $363.44.

Really in the huge big scheme of things if $5 a day for the 20% discount matters, maybe you shouldn't be going on the cruise anyway. Yes, I took advantage of it, but I would have bought the package at some point anyway.

I think you are missing the point of what everyone is upset about. It is not 5 bucks a day. It is that people sailing on the the same or similar cruises are paying different prices for the same thing. People on my cruise, for example, have paid $310, $344, $388 and over $400 for the same premium package sailing on the same ship on the same day and the math of a 20 percent sale doesn't match up for anything other than the $310 price. And when they call customer service they are all given different answers. They are not upset about the cost, they are upset about fairness and deceptive business practices.

On Allure of the Seas, Sept 18, 2016 - President's Cruise

Premium Package: $363.44 including 18% gratuity

My math puts this pricing at $55 per day plus gratuities not $49 before the prices were raised.

I called spoke with CS and then a Supervisor and was told that he would "note my comments - because they are important to RCI", however, the price went up and there was nothing he could do about it. He did advise me that on board, the price would be 20% more.

We shall see.

Adventure 6/25. 20% off sale. Premium $47.00 per day + tip. $776.44 for two.

Emails that I keep getting say the prices will go up on board.

I want to use onboard credit to pay for it, but it will depend on the price on board.

At the current price four, 10 to 12 dollar drinks + tip, a couple of bottles of water and a few diet cokes and it would be worth it. With four port day however I don't know.

Does anyone know if you can get more than one bottle of water at a time.

Right now they're offering the Ultimate pkg. for $47 per day, before tax. This is a 13-day transatlantic on Harmony, and the breakdown is $611.00 pp with a $219.96 "service charge." That's $55.50 pp per day after taxes or $1441.96 total for 2 people. It's in my shopping cart, but I haven't pushed the button yet. My husband thinks we should do it and just be done with it. "In for a penny, in for a pound!"

Edited by jules815