20% Drink Special - My math isn't working?

I spoke with RCI customer service last week. They are aware that their prices do not match their advertising. I was told by a supervisor that they are working to correct it. It seems that they were doubling the tip causing incorrect numbers.

I paid 310.58 total for the premium package on 4/23. This is for the June 5 Allure sailing.

We did too. Actually got about 23.5% off based on the math. Told C/S this and they said they were aware of the problem and that the $310 would be honored.

We did too. Actually got about 23.5% off based on the math. Told C/S this and they said they were aware of the problem and that the $310 would be honored.

How did you get so lucky to talk to someone who actually honored the price? My group members have called in multiple times, talked to multiple people including supervisors and they've all said NO.

The Ultimate package with the discount is the same price as the Premium package without the discount. We have OBC so I won't prepurchase 2 packages. I have to wait until we board to get mine

I just cancelled my premium package and added the ultimate. It was the same price and this way. I'll avail myself of some redbulls now.

I spoke with RCI customer service last week. They are aware that their prices do not match their advertising. I was told by a supervisor that they are working to correct it. It seems that they were doubling the tip causing incorrect numbers.

I realized immediately when I tried to book the Premium Package "20% off sale" at $47, that if the 18% tip was included in that, it was the correct price. Then the cart added an additional 18%. If what you are saying is true, then their "customer service" agents are doing them a grave disservice by spreading false information all over the place!

Regardless, this has turned into yet another embarrassing mess for Royal. I don't understand how keeping everyone working for you on the same page... and treating your customers like they aren't complete idiots, is such a difficult task for Royal these days. Smh

Edited by OSULabRat

.... I don't understand how keeping everyone working for you on the same page... and treating your customers like they aren't complete idiots, is such a difficult task for Royal these days. Smh

This type of thing has been going on with Royal shoreside operations for as long as I can remember. It's not new or recent, it's deeply ingrained in their corporate culture.

This type of thing has been going on with Royal shoreside operations for as long as I can remember. It's not new or recent, it's deeply ingrained in their corporate culture.

I've been cruising with them for 10 years now, and it had most certainly become much worse recently, or at least more "in our faces".

And also, that doesn't mean we just have to accept it.

I've been cruising with them for 10 years now, and it had most certainly become much worse recently, or at least more "in our faces".

Maybe we're talking about two different things. I was referring to the lack of accurate and timely corporate wide communications.

With regard to the pinching of every last penny, I agree, that has accelerated greatly in the last few years.

That's how we feel, we've cancelled our cruise in September and switched over to Celebrity. This Oasis trip in a couple of weeks will be our last on Royal for a while. I want to enjoy planning our cruise not get high blood pressure over it.

Yes we know they're owned by the same company[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by webecruzin2

Maybe we're talking about two different things. I was referring to the lack of accurate and timely corporate wide communications.

With regard to the pinching of every last penny, I agree, that has accelerated greatly in the last few years.

Thank makes sense, I agree on both points!

That's how we feel, we've cancelled our cruise in September and switched over to Celebrity. This Oasis trip in a couple of weeks will be our last on Royal for a while. I want to enjoy planning our cruise not get high blood pressure over it.

Yes we know they're owned by the same company[emoji6]

I think it still sends a message, considering the two lines are run differently. Hopefully they care enough to listen...

I think it still sends a message, considering the two lines are run differently. Hopefully they care enough to listen...

They only care about the bottom line. They only care about complaints if they feel the complaints are causing enough folks to book other cruise lines such that they can't charge as much as they would like and their profitability is suffering.

I spent 35 minutes on the phone yesterday. When I went to book last week our check out total was $809 (for 2) when we got the 20% notice on Tuesday we ordered it and paid $726. Which ok I'll take 10% but seriously don't lie about - when I called they told me oh no the premium package is $59- no it's not I have screen shots of my check out last week that I sent to a friend at the $49- I posted on their face book site they surprisingly haven't responded

Just for grins and giggles, I added the premium to my cart for allure. It indicated 18% will be added (to the $39 = $46). I added to my cart for my Feb cruise where Premium is $57 and it stated tax was already included. Based on that, $57 less 20% discount is $45.6.

Sorry for my ignorance and I'm sure this has been posted somewhere....

Is the 20% gratuity against the package price or is per drink (get charged a 20% gratuity based on the list price of your drink every time you get a drink even if is included in your drink package)?

Sorry for my ignorance and I'm sure this has been posted somewhere....

Is the 20% gratuity against the package price or is per drink (get charged a 20% gratuity based on the list price of your drink every time you get a drink even if is included in your drink package)?

The gratuity is on the package, so you pay the $49 ( or whatever they claim the price is that day) plus 18% gratuity. You will get a slip with each drink that will have a zero balance to sign. You can add additional tip to that if you choose.

The gratuity is on the package, so you pay the $49 ( or whatever they claim the price is that day) plus 18% gratuity. You will get a slip with each drink that will have a zero balance to sign. You can add additional tip to that if you choose.

Thanks! I think that I'd feel obligated to tip each bartender, but that'd drive me nuts that I've pre-paid gratuity and am paying again. Each person is different, but I wish they'd just leave it off.

Do most people feel obligated/pressured to provide additional tips?

I leave an extra tip here and there, but honestly I don't think a lot feel the need to. We also will leave extra at the end for those who have been great. But it's all in personal preference

I leave an extra tip here and there, but honestly I don't think a lot feel the need to. We also will leave extra at the end for those who have been great. But it's all in personal preference

Thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay- we had previously decided to NOT do a drink package this time, but after seeing the 20% discount pre-cruise special in my cruise planner, I have started crunching the numbers again to see...

My issue is I am not seeing a true 20% discount when I do the math...so can someone help?

RCCL website for PREMIUM listed it as of 4/27/2016

$49.00/day (no tip)--->(+tip $8.82)--->> total $57.82/day

7 DAY TOTAL= $404.74

WITH 20% discount on Cruise Planner

$47.00/day (no tip)--> (+tip $8.46)--->> total $55.46/day

7 DAY TOTAL= $388.22

A difference of only $ 16.52 ? Not 20%?

Am I missing something?

David

Hi, CHAMPDDS,

It appears that the prices you show are, indeed correct. I also purchased the Ultimate pkg today for DW and myself for our Aug 14 cruise on the Allure. I may be wrong, but I did note on the details that it seems to specify the the price of the beverage packages are 20% off the purchase prices of the packages ONBOARD, which may or may not be more. That makes more sense to me. As for us, we are grateful for any savings from RC, and watch them closely for marketing tactics that favor them. Hope this helps, and HAPPY CRUISING!!

Prices may be increasing. My 4/16/2017 Liberty cruise beverage packages show: $42 select, $57 premium, $67 ultimate in my cruise planner.[emoji33]

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Those prices include gratuity and thus are not an increase.

My cruise planner shows the same thing and it doesn't add anything else when you put it the cart and start the checkout process. :)