Getaway entertainment 5/15 - 5/22

BruceFan9

So there's no show listed for online booking other than Burn the Floor and the Illusionarium. For a while an a cappella thing was listed (Vocal Overdrive) and I've also read we'll be getting Million Dollar Quartet. Anyone know for sure?

We have reservations for Million Dollar Quartet on the May 29 sailing of the Getaway. The cast is boarding the ship May 8th. It should be up and running by then. Maybe all the on-line reservations are taken and you have to reserve when you get on the ship?

I was able to reserve the show for the May 22 sailing. I don't know if that information is helpful at all for you though. Hope it is playing for you and that you to see it.

We are on the same sailing! Come join our roll call, we have a Meet & Greet lined up as well as a cabin crawl!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2226462

I'm pretty sure the one I saw that was at one point available for booking was Vocal Overdrive. I'd actually prefer that over a bunch of 50s music which we'd skip anyway. I guess we'll find out when we board.

Personally, I think any kind of show is better than Vocal Overdrive. I heard that Million Dollar Quartet is supposed to be great. Vocal Overdrive is just four people singing a cappella. Some may enjoy this, but we were bored by their three minutes during the Welcome Show on Escape and skipped the show later in the week.

Personally, I think any kind of show is better than Vocal Overdrive. I heard that Million Dollar Quartet is supposed to be great. Vocal Overdrive is just four people singing a cappella. Some may enjoy this, but we were bored by their three minutes during the Welcome Show on Escape and skipped the show later in the week.

I know for a fact that Million Dollar Quartet WILL be on the Getaway, my son is in the cast. He will play Carl Perkins. They boarded the ship yesterday May 8th. Don't write off the show! It is great! It is high energy and has everyone dancing in the aisles by the end of the show! Everyone can find something in the show to enjoy with the music of Elvis, Johnny Cash, Carl P and Jerry Lee Lewis. Even teenagers who are not all that familiar with the music love the show. My son just finished up a two year run with the show in Chicago. It ran there for over 7 years!

I know for a fact that Million Dollar Quartet WILL be on the Getaway, my son is in the cast. He will play Carl Perkins. They boarded the ship yesterday May 8th. Don't write off the show! It is great! It is high energy and has everyone dancing in the aisles by the end of the show! Everyone can find something in the show to enjoy with the music of Elvis, Johnny Cash, Carl P and Jerry Lee Lewis. Even teenagers who are not all that familiar with the music love the show. My son just finished up a two year run with the show in Chicago. It ran there for over 7 years!

That's very exciting, I'll have to look for him in the show on the May 22nd sailing!

He's right. Saw Million Dollar Quartet on the Escape 2/2016 and it was fantastic. I've been on over 30 cruises on all different lines and this show is one of the best I've ever seen. Don't miss it. It really is great. A big reason I'm looking forward to my 1/2017 Getaway cruise (also sailing with the grandkids another).

It's without a doubt the best show I've seen at sea. I'm going to pay to see it again in Vegas. It's terrific!

We can't wait to see this show again! Have seen it in Las Vegas several times and it was great. Also, our son has seen it a couple of times and enjoyed it too....so it's not just for 'old folks';)

I hope the show starts on may 15th sailing. Thanks for updates

We are so excited to see this. We will be going in June with a family of 12 and we are all booked to see it. Thanks for the update.