Silhouette Internet/Sushi on 5?

pjs678

Anyone currently on Silhouette - Can you let us know whether the Xcelerate internet has been installed? Also, has Sushi on 5 replaced Bistro on 5 yet? If not, any idea when they will be completed?

Thanks!

Although I´m not currently onboard but have read earlier reports. The answer to both of your questions is "yes" - Xcelerate is up and running, Bistro on 5 has been replaced by Sushi on 5 after the TA crossing.

steamboats

Although I´m not currently onboard but have read earlier reports. The answer to both of your questions is "yes" - Xcelerate is up and running, Bistro on 5 has been replaced by Sushi on 5 after the TA crossing.

steamboats

That's why I was asking someone on board now. I've read some reports that said Sushi on 5 was delayed until June. I do think it appears that the internet has been upgraded - thanks.

I am on Silhouette and have been for the past 32 nights. internet is Xcelerate and the Bristro is not sushi

Thank you! Hope you are enjoying your time on board. Hope the sushi restaurant gets installed in time for our cruise in June. Have lots of OBC to spend on it.

I am on Silhouette and have been for the past 32 nights. internet is Xcelerate and the Bristro is not sushi

I was on Silhouette until 2nd May. Internet was definitely not Xcelerate, or if it was, it was so bad that I wouldn't pay for it in penny washers. So poor in fact that I opened up an entire thread about it as soon as I got off the ship. If they've rolled it out since last Tuesday and Silhouette has moved into the 21st century then please excuse my input.

But Bo5 was indeed still pancakes, etc. so at least we can agree on that. Price is now $10 a head, which is over the top for the fare.

Edited by Chunky2219
typo

We got off the Silhouette last Monday after our B2B. Had no problem with the internet connection. Always had 4 bars. Some areas of the ship were slower but was able to connect. Were able to use hangout on the Atlantic crossing and several times in Scandinavia. It did not work as well when we went out on our deck.

Bistro on 5 was not changed to sushi as of last Monday.

Had a nice conversation with a Mr. Kline, who is currently sailing on the Silhouette, and he says:

"No the Bistro on 5 still there. Not many seem to use it though. Limited menu. WiFi is okay. It will never be as good as high speed fiber naturally as using Satellite links for most of the time. Sea days very slow and first thing in the morning also very slow. Will not connect to iCloud, so no backups or photos uploaded to Cloud since joining cruise. Videos almost impossible to load even if under 60 seconds. Otherwise serves the purpose. Enjoy your cruise, it is a great ship with excellent staff!"