Anyone stay in gs cabin 1600-radiance class

Would appreciate any help from people who have stayed in this aft corner cabin about noise in the morning from dragging chairs/people from the deck above.

I'm holding this cabin and I love the aft view, but I am leary when there is a restaurant above.

Also notice the balcony is very curved and doesn't look very deep.

Is this how it is?

Thanks so much for any help.

Edited by benzygirl

benzygirl, I have stayed in JS 1100 and love it. Personally, have not had noise issues from the Windjammer, and it's a spectacular stateroom and location. You can only be seen by those above you if you are standing at the balcony rail. GS 1600 has an irregular shaped balcony. Here is a post with photos that may be helpful:

Ship – Brilliance of the Seas

Deck - 10

Stateroom # - 1600

Stateroom Category – Grand Suite

Starboard or Port Side - Aft

Quiet Stateroom?– Very quiet. Never heard anything from the Windjammer directly above.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - No

Balcony View - Beautiful. No obstructions and more private than I expected.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? – Odd shaped' date=' but average size. This balcony has a small wrap around.

Was wind a problem? - No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - No

Any specific problems with this cabin? - None

Any other comments? – The cabin is very oddly shaped. We loved the shape and the feel of the cabin.

[img']http://i49.tinypic.com/282omde.jpg[/img]

x3wk7t.jpg

2dl1atg.jpg

2woln38.jpg

b71936.jpg

kbrolf.jpg

We had this cabin on the Serenade...no noise problems at all from above...but because of the wedge shape of the balcony, it didn't feel as big as other aft balconies we've had...room was nice...a bit of wasted space with the entry area...but we totally enjoyed having dinner in our suite & all the other perks that went with it!

benzygirl, I have stayed in JS 1100 and love it. Personally, have not had noise issues from the Windjammer, and it's a spectacular stateroom and location. You can only be seen by those above you if you are standing at the balcony rail. GS 1600 has an irregular shaped balcony. Here is a post with photos that may be helpful:

We are sailing in JS 1100 next year and so happy to hear that you loved it.

It's dark and room odd layout. Balcony odd shape and small. Sailed in it once but avoided it after that cruise.

Ditto.

Had a great cruise - Alaska - views from the balcony - :eek:

but wouldn't choose it again.

VERY crowded for three. If you are only 2, it's better, but as others noted, a LOT of good space is lost because of the odd design and layout.

We stayed in 1600 on the Brilliance and not only is it crowded for three but was a long walk to everything for my elderly parents. We loved the sail away views but just like the pictures show, the balcony was oddly shaped.

I just love the Radiance class though and am sailing on the Brilliance again in November(but in a different location)

We've been next door to that cabin in JS 1602 several times. I think our balcony was bigger. GS 1600 has a bit of an odd layout. As for noise, the only time we heard anything from above was the last morning. But we also are early risers who don't sleep in.

Edited by sr4mjc