Best Western Airport and Cruise Port Hotel

macaroni

For anyone who needs a pre cruise hotel in January...we just booked this thru Best Western for the end of January for $99....could not find anything that came close to that price anywhere else...I think it is on sale.....was over $160 when I first looked at it...plus we can cancel....non refundable was even cheaper.

For anyone who needs a pre cruise hotel in January...we just booked this thru Best Western for the end of January for $99....could not find anything that came close to that price anywhere else...I think it is on sale.....was over $160 when I first looked at it...plus we can cancel....non refundable was even cheaper.

We also booked the Best Western Airport Cruise Port in Fort Lauderdale yesterday for our cruise in February, 2017. Paid $84.15 AAA rate and it includes free breakfast, parking, and airport shuttle. The day before I booked the price was around $144.00. It's beside a shopping plaza with a grocery store and some restaurants.

Edited by marys350

A. You should never recommend a hotel that you haven't personally stayed in.

B. It's in a pretty lousy neighborhood.

C. When a motel is that cheap compared to other hotels during the same peak season dates, it should raise HUGE red flags to you especially this far out.

1st...I only let everyone know about the price and 2nd there have been many positive reviews on this hotel on cruise critic...if people are on a budget it's a good deal and they can check it out themselves and make their own decision..

1st...I only let everyone know about the price and 2nd there have been many positive reviews on this hotel on cruise critic...if people are on a budget it's a good deal and they can check it out themselves and make their own decision..

I assume it is the Best Western on W State Rd 84?

I call this area the Marina Mile and stayed there late December 2015 in the Holiday Inn Express across the road. All the hotels in the area had deals going on and I was very happy with my two night stay.

I walked around a lot and the neighborhood was perfectly fine. I agree that the area to the east of the hotels at Rte 1 (1.2 miles East) was sketchy but not the hotel area. Sure, it is not Las Olas but I paid only $80 plus taxes (including breakfast and free airport transfers but I had my own wheels - FREE parking)

Below is a picture of the Best Western from my room across the street. Many cruise guests I talked to were on repeat stays and all were very happy with the hotel and area.

You will be happy too I think and the price is right!

Holiday-Inn-Express.jpg

Edited by SteerageJoe

Thanks for posting this info. I already had reservations in Ft. Lauderdale at the location in the picture for one night pre-cruise at $160. I was able to get the AAA rate of $84.

Thanks a lot for the picture too.

We have stayed her several times over the years and are never disappointed. Most recently, this past March before and after our cruise. It is clean, breakfast is perfectly good, beds are great, staff is friendly, free airport shuttle is great - and right now, price is fantastic. I too booked our next year's stay for $92 including taxes for the 4 of us.

We really like this area for a pre-cruise stay. It is across a side street (3 minute walk) from the Southland Shopping Centre which contains a Winn Dixie, liquor store, Bealls outlet, dollar store, Big Lots, Payless, Wendy's, Subway, McDonalds and a great sports bar type place called Slackers we look forward to eating at every year.

It is right beside the Hampton Inn as you see in the picture. The only differences we have found between the two hotels is that the Hampton Inn is more expensive (sometimes by a lot), the pool is colder but the breakfast is better than the Best Western (in our opinion).

A. I have personally stayed there and can wholeheartedly recommend it

B. I have never found the area to be sketchy. I wouldn't walk around alone at night - but then, I wouldn't do that in the 17th St. or Las Olas area either.

C. I have stayed here several times over the years at different times throughout the fall and winter. No complains with any of our stays there.

If you are looking for a comfortable, clean, reasonably priced hotel that is close to basic restaurants and shopping for cruise essentials - I highly recommend this hotel.

B. I have never found the area to be sketchy. I wouldn't walk around alone at night - but then, I wouldn't do that in the 17th St. or Las Olas area either.

l.

The area IS sketchy. Just because you didn't find it so doesn't mean it is safe.

I've walked down Las Olas multiple times by myself at 3am and it IS safe.

The area IS sketchy. Just because you didn't find it so doesn't mean it is safe.

I've walked down Las Olas multiple times by myself at 3am and it IS safe.

Perhaps locals who live in the immediate area will comment, but I have not seen crime reports that indicate problems around the Holiday Inn Express, Hampton Inn, Comfort Inn and Candlewood Suites cluster of hotels or nearby.

http://www.trulia.com/real_estate/Fort_Lauderdale-Florida/crime/

https://www.spotcrime.com/fl/fort+lauderdale

http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/fl/fort-lauderdale/crime/

Perhaps locals who live in the immediate area will comment, but I have not seen crime reports that indicate problems around the Holiday Inn Express, Hampton Inn, Comfort Inn and Candlewood Suites cluster of hotels or nearby.

http://www.trulia.com/real_estate/Fort_Lauderdale-Florida/crime/

https://www.spotcrime.com/fl/fort+lauderdale

http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/fl/fort-lauderdale/crime/

I live in the 3 1/2 miles from there. I have a pretty good idea of the area. I doubt anyone who posts on this board lives closer.

It's sketchy.

They are cheap, extended motels that house transient workers and yachties.

There are prostitutes everywhere over there.

Edited by BlueHerons

I live in the 3 1/2 miles from there. I have a pretty good idea of the area. I doubt anyone who posts on this board lives closer.

It's sketchy.

They are cheap, extended motels that house transient workers and yachties.

There are prostitutes everywhere over there.

Hmmm. After 6 stays at the Holiday Inn and Hampton Inn (most recently in late December and most probably again next week), I do not consider those cheap "motels" and I saw nothing in the area that bothered me, or would bother cruisers on a one-night stay. Who cares what happens after 11pm. Yes, it is a working-class neighborhood (not upscale) but looks can be deceiving - the crime reports clearly show things are under control.

My last visit was 3 full days and 2 nights. While planning for next week I read many reviews lately and saw no complaints about the area. In fact, folks love to walk down to the Old Heidelberg, Anthony's and Lester's.

I believe you are talking of a different area.

Edited by SteerageJoe

Hmmm. After 6 stays at the Holiday Inn and Hampton Inn (most recently in late December and most probably again next week), I do not consider those cheap "motels" and I saw nothing in the area that bothered me, or would bother cruisers on a one-night stay. Who cares what happens after 11pm. Yes, it is a working-class neighborhood (not upscale) but looks can be deceiving - the crime reports clearly show things are under control.

My last visit was 3 full days and 2 nights. While planning for next week I read many reviews lately and saw no complaints about the area. In fact, folks love to walk down to the Old Heidelberg, Anthony's and Lester's.

I believe you are talking of a different area.

In Fort Lauderdale, they are cheap hotels in a sketchy area.

No, I am not talking about a different area.

You are reading reports from people who are in the area 12 hours. I live here.

Please continue to stay but please stop insisting it is a safe area. It isn't. I would hate that your insistence that it is a safe area put someone in harms way.

Edited by BlueHerons

In Fort Lauderdale, they are cheap hotels in a sketchy area.

No, I am not talking about a different area.

You are reading reports from people who are in the area 12 hours. I live here.

Please continue to stay but please stop insisting it is a safe area. It isn't. I would hate that your insistence that it is a safe area put someone in harms way.

No-one is claiming this area (or any other) is perfectly safe and your warnings are not falling on deaf ears. So thank you for your input.

However sometimes perception gets in the way of facts!

I prefer facts - as supplied by the Fort Lauderdale police and reported very visually using RAIDS Online (an important tool in my business) and visible to the public.

Reported crimes from the previous 12 months show that visitors (especially overnight cruisers) have little to be concerned about while staying in this area. The standard street awareness is all that's needed especially after dark.

Actually the stats show it compares well with other popular areas such as the 17th St area. And it looks a lot better than many other neighborhoods! The area just north of Las Olas is rough.

So, I am looking forward to our trip to Lauderdale next week and we will probably return to the Holiday Inn Express with its free parking.