comparison of stingray tours

Ready2Cruise2016

Another vote for Stingray Sailing. After reading about them on Trip Advisor we booked with them andthey really lived up to the billing. When Capt. Chip brought the boat to the bar the stingrays started coming to his boat. Now there were already a few boats there some with a large number of passengers but we only had 8 of us that day. Once in the water the rays continued to swarm us. They were basically only at his boat! His mate who was fantastic, shame i forget his name had names for about 8 of them...truly amazing. Another post mentioned how they treat the rays and that is so important. They looked at other people and how they let their passengers man handle the rays and just shook their heads. A snorkel stop followed our stop with the rays. If we were ever to back to Grand Cayman and want to do the rays, we would not think twice about going with Stingray Sailing!

Another vote for Stingray Sailing. After reading about them on Trip Advisor we booked with them andthey really lived up to the billing. When Capt. Chip brought the boat to the bar the stingrays started coming to his boat. Now there were already a few boats there some with a large number of passengers but we only had 8 of us that day. Once in the water the rays continued to swarm us. They were basically only at his boat! His mate who was fantastic, shame i forget his name had names for about 8 of them...truly amazing. Another post mentioned how they treat the rays and that is so important. They looked at other people and how they let their passengers man handle the rays and just shook their heads. A snorkel stop followed our stop with the rays. If we were ever to back to Grand Cayman and want to do the rays, we would not think twice about going with Stingray Sailing!

We are sailing with Chip next week. Hoping for good weather. We are a family group of 7 so wouldn't mind a few more on the catamaran but a "private" would be fun!! Cannot wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We've actually decided to go with NativeWay. They may not be the most popular, but they do seem to be well rated. And they have really worked with us on a personal issue with my father. I'm really excited!

Now time to make sure I understand the difference in ship and island time in Jan.

We've actually decided to go with NativeWay. They may not be the most popular, but they do seem to be well rated. And they have really worked with us on a personal issue with my father. I'm really excited!

Now time to make sure I understand the difference in ship and island time in Jan.

Should be no difference in January...daylight savings time will have ended by then, so ship time (as long as it stays on EST) will be the same as island time. ;) You only have to worry about it spring/summer when the East Coast moves forward an hour for daylight savings (as they do not observe daylight savings on the island).

Should be no difference in January...daylight savings time will have ended by then, so ship time (as long as it stays on EST) will be the same as island time. ;) You only have to worry about it spring/summer when the East Coast moves forward an hour for daylight savings (as they do not observe daylight savings on the island).

We are sailing out of Galveston. I think they are Central time zone.

• 5 weeks later...

Go with Captain Marvins! They get out to Stingray City before the big cruise ship excursions. We had the rays to ourselves and when we left, the droves of people were coming in. Fantastic crew and boat, go with them.

Edited by mizrad

we've done Capt Marvin in the past and last time a private boat with friends

debating between stingray sailing and nativeway. Nativeway includes rum point,, not sure how much time there'd really be for beach and lunch.

it's just myself and dh, any thoughts? price is almost identical.

we've done Capt Marvin in the past and last time a private boat with friends

debating between stingray sailing and nativeway. Nativeway includes rum point' date=', not sure how much time there'd really be for beach and lunch.

it's just myself and dh, any thoughts? price is almost identical.[/quote']

After we ate lunch at Rum Point we had about 1 hour to swim / lounge on the beach / get a drink / etc. It was enough time for us.

We were going to book the exact same tour for our upcoming cruise but a company chartered them for that day for a private event so we are booked with Stingray Sailing. (on Nativeway's recommendation I might add) After we get back I will be able to talk about that excursion. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Do any of these tour operators take an afternoon tour? we are on the NCL Epic March 12and she ports at 11am until 7pm. None of the ones I have emailed have responded that they do afternoon tour

Help!! anyone know one?

thanks

Trish

This was my reply from Acquarius :o(

they had something listed called standard afternoon tour so I was hopeful they could get us in.

Thank you for your enquiry and consideration - we have carefully compared the timing of your ship against the timing of our tours.

Unfortunately none of our tours suit your ship's schedule.

From Stingray tours

Ship time vs Cayman local time is a bit tricky; some ships change time with each port; some do not. It is our experience that if your cruise ship stays on Florida time, then your ship time is an hour ahead of Cayman local time. If your ship stays on Texas/New Orleans time then your ship time should be the same as Cayman time. The Cayman Islands are an hour behind Florida time and the same as Texas/New Orleans time from March 12 until November 05, 2017. If you have any concerns about what time zone your ship will be on when it arrives in Cayman please contact your cruise line directly as, unfortunately, we are unable to provide you with that information.

I'm confused on the time change thing. We leave out of Florida. I asked on the NCL Epic questions section but so far have not had a reply. Anyone know would our ship be 1 hour ahead of Cayman time pulling into port? We port at 11am so would it be 10am Cayman time? if so I think I can do Stingray. If we change to Cayman time then I think it is cutting it too close. They want you to be at their meeting point at 11:15. I am not in the Haven so don't have priorty to get off first.

I will try Fat Fish Adventures and see if they are more flexible with times. We own jetskis so have no problem doing that one. It is a bit more to spend then the other ones though.

thanks for any tips

Trish